Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Progressive 2 ( stock when bought)
73.33%
Long Travel (included when bought)
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

revo 3.3 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
31thundercat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo 3.3 suspension

I was wondering what everyone is using on the revo 3.3 for suspension.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: revo 3.3 suspension

Mine is not a 3.3 but the 2.5r. Longtravel rockers make the suspention too soft and the truck flips over way too easy. So i want back to the stock. Trust me you dont want to use the Longtravel rockers.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
minipro

Aren't the stock rockers progressive 1? Or did they change to progressive 2 for the 3.3 Revo?(I have a 2.5r...)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Buzz1

The 3.3 comes with prog.2 rockers installed and the long travel as spares.

I never used the long travel set-up as I have mine set-up more to the truggy side of things. I do bash with a guy who's main focus is jumping and who runs his long travel set-up. He likes it, I can't really see much benefit in it other than maybe it helps keep his chassis from slapping the ground as often. My truck jumps just as well as his IMO, except for the one crazy-huge ramp he has. I don't feel the desire to throw my truck 25 feet into the air and piledrive it into the ground. Buddy likes that sort of thing, but he has his truck set-up for it with a full cage and Big Joe tires. He still busts alot more suspension parts than I do, but that's to be expected.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 PM
31thundercat

Yea, today I changed it to the long travel, just to see how it is. It sits much high better for jumps, but rolls easier and wat not. I was just wondering what people are using.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 PM
RCar

Actually, LT's are not good for jumps. It may sit higher, but it bottoms out way easier. Even with the purple traxxas springs which are the hardest (6.4 rate), it still bottoms out easy. The P2 rockers are good all around rockers for racing and bashing/jumping.

You need to play between P2 and P3 and with the various [link=http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/revo/revo33/trx_revo33_accessories.htm]springs[/link] traxxas provides. Taking into consideration the race track or the bashing places, you can also play with the oil in the shocks.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:07 AM
squeeguk

I'm running the P2's with the standard green springs on the front and the optional silver on the back. I'm still not too impressed with the ground clearance considering Traxxas advertise 4", it's more like 3" with the suspension sag. The back end also sits low so the car has a nose up attitude.

Do you guys have the same with yours? And if so, how do you get rid of it? I use my car mainly for bashing and need the ground clearance for the rough terrain we run on, but at the same time I cannot go too hard on the springs as the car then just bounces over everything instead of soaking up the bumps. The springs above are already too hard for where I run.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 AM
ttoks

thats because springs don't help much to stop you bottoming out, the WT of the shock oil does, 90 WT with long travel will stop you from just about any hight.