Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

what do you like about the stampede xl-5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
RC_Basher20
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you like about the stampede xl-5?

getting it soon and just wonderin

got me stampede love it!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:54 PM
twomanytoys

Default RE: what do you like about the stampede xl-5?

The truck can take a beating!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:30 AM
RC_Basher20

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

The truck can take a beating!
lol ok thx thats wat i firgured lol
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Patrick_

Heck yeah it can take a beating! And almost everything is replaceable/upgradeable. Wayyyy faster and better than my toy R/C cars that I had before. I get so many comments on this thing.

Last night, I ran it full speed over about a 2.5' jump, in the grass. After the fifth or so jump, it lands fine, but I try to accelerate, and I hear a clicking/spinning, as if the motor wasn't catching on the gears. I open up the gear cover, and I was right. The motor wasn't screwed tightly enough, and it moved away from the gears. I adjusted the motor position to the gears properly and re-tightened. Good as new!

This thing likes to flip easy, though, so I'm adjusting my driving habits. I may have to experiment with the pre-load spacers.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
twomanytoys

It rolls easy because its tall. It would need to be lowered to help with that.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:38 PM
cabollero

One of the best things I have done to my Pede is to mount the battery under the chassis. 4 small holes for zip ties, and one big one for the connector and Bam! Full speed around corners, no flip. Handles so much better. I can still use the stock possition for bashing, but with the bigger Pro-line tires I am not giving up much on clearance.

Another thing that I love about my Pede, I get about 3 to 4 times the run time over my friends E-maxx.
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Ultrafied

Versatility, run times, available parts and rugged! Get at least 1 good [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLZK6&P=ML]battery[/link] and a "good" charger. If you get hooked, you will be moving up to a better brushed motor or go straight to brushless. Both take a good battery that has been maintained. Look at a charger long and hard because eventually, you may want to [link=http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=74]lipo[/link]. Look at getting an [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEV91&P=ML]RPM front bumper[/link] (sure helps with those front end mishaps).
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 PM
RC_Basher20

ORIGINAL: cabollero

One of the best things I have done to my Pede is to mount the battery under the chassis. 4 small holes for zip ties, and one big one for the connector and Bam! Full speed around corners, no flip. Handles so much better. I can still use the stock possition for bashing, but with the bigger Pro-line tires I am not giving up much on clearance.

Another thing that I love about my Pede, I get about 3 to 4 times the run time over my friends E-maxx.

heyy thank you for for the picture can u put more in so i can see wat u did with tha cover off? im just wondering what to do excatly. thank you very much

like my spelling?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:24 PM
twomanytoys

Dude yuo really need to work on your spelling! What is da ocva or excatyl? Slow down so we can understand you man.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:38 PM
cabollero

The battery mod is easy. If you look at the stock battery position, you can see four little circles where the thing was molded. I just drilled there. Then put a larger hole right infront of the esc. I also made my own bumper/skid plate out of a old computer case. The metal is stiff, but it bends. Only had to shear the servo gear once to come up with that.

Much improved on the spelling.

Later
Attached Images   
Old 10-15-2007, 04:26 PM
RC_Basher20

ORIGINAL: cabollero

The battery mod is easy. If you look at the stock battery position, you can see four little circles where the thing was molded. I just drilled there. Then put a larger hole right infront of the esc. I also made my own bumper/skid plate out of a old computer case. The metal is stiff, but it bends. Only had to shear the servo gear once to come up with that.

Much improved on the spelling.

Later

sry again lol but i cant see the pics good enough to know where the battery is can u maybe take sevral upclose pictures? tyvm in advance lol