Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Best Spring for what I run

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best Spring for what I run

I would like to know what the best spring would be for what I run. The stock ones seem a little too soft, and the truck often bottoms out off of jumps. The truck is all stock except for a wing mount, but i think its the weight of the batts that cause the bottoming out.(4500 mAh Ni-MH 6 cell packs) I mostly run on dirt, with some areas with alot of sand, other areas with alot of rocks. I also do alot of jumping and running in open fields. I am looking for a stiffer spring, but I am unsure of which on to use. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Chris
Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 PM
matt771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Spring for what I run

get the blues or silvers and put the long travel rockers on it and it shud have at least an inch more travel and it will be stiffer
Old 10-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: matt771

get the blues or silvers and put the long travel rockers on it and it shud have at least an inch more travel and it will be stiffer
Lol, I forgot to mention that my truck is not a revo. Its an E-Maxx. Why is it that if I post in the Traxxas forum, everyone automatically assumes everyone has a revo?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 AM
skaterngolfer

because..... revos are the best...... everybody knows that......[>:]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 AM
minipro

I don't understand why everyone automatically assumes the springs alone are going to drastically improve the dampening of the suspension system. You need thicker shock oil, or smaller piston holes to keep it from bottoming out on jumps. NOT stiffer springs. The only thing stiffer springs are going to do after bottoming out on a big jump is make the truck rebound back to the original ride height faster than with the softer springs.

Try thicker oil or smaller pistons. Depending on how much you change the oil or pistons you may ALSO need stiffer springs though.