Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

So what's everybody think of the new Traxxas Emaxx.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

So what's everybody think of the new Traxxas Emaxx.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:56 PM
lunar_special

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So what's everybody think of the new Traxxas Emaxx.

No offense to anyone... but what's with everyone complaining about Traxxas "just updating old models" and not making anything "new". Should Chevrolet opt to replace the Corvette instead of "updating" it??? Surely not.... or the Camaro, or Ford's Mustang, etc... Yes, I agree that new is good (ususally) .... but keeping a product around and keeping it updated is good too....... just my 02.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Snaut Rocket

how do they keep the motor water proof. they didnt mentioned that.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Excell0602

Saw on the traxxas website it only has a top speed of 30 mph....

Wish they would have made it a little faster than the old one.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
NitroBurn1

I like it. This just might be the truck that could get me to buy an electric.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:03 PM
pinky2252ss
Banned

lunar, thats not a good comparison, when they remake cars they usually make them totaly different like a 65' mustang and a 98' mustang are way different.

i like the E-Maxx, cept i dont like electric i like the ideas traxxas is comeing up with, mayb there just taking there time in making something new hopefully a nitro buggy/truggy!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
jatoracing33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: lunar_special

No offense to anyone... but what's with everyone complaining about Traxxas "just updating old models" and not making anything "new". Should Chevrolet opt to replace the Corvette instead of "updating" it??? Surely not.... or the Camaro, or Ford's Mustang, etc... Yes, I agree that new is good (ususally) .... but keeping a product around and keeping it updated is good too....... just my 02.

the difference here is that traxxas is taking an old outdated chassis setup and putting new graphix on the body and new electonics that dont make much of a difference, while over the years the design of a car changes quite a bit. correct me if im wrong, but an 80's corvette is nothing like a new one, right?
Old 10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
NitroBurn1

Old outdated chassis? This new version of the EMAXX is nothing like the old one. It has a new chassis, new transmission, revo pivot ball suspension, revo differentials, plus a whole lot more. It looks like the best electric MT on the market so far.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:41 PM
megamaxx

electric[:'(]
Old 10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
trentmath

It does look nice but it would have been great to see an entirely new product. Next up are the boats. Maybe a Villain VXL. Ooh, ahh.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:51 PM
jatoracing33

i doubt a boat is next. but i realy dont care, even if it is a new boat it will just be a make over
Old 10-18-2007, 06:03 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep..^^ At least HPI revamps the Savage cause its a solid platform, and HPI listens to customers and they fix all the bugs with the new kits. Anyway, WTH kind of Maxx is this that only goes 30mph!?!? We need DUAL VXL lol[8D]
Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Krawlin

Personally, I think they screwed up a perfectly good truck. Sure waterproof electronics are good, but what retard is going to just drive around in water? Its a stupid feature. Longer chassis? Come on. It looks too long now. And I know the revo hub carriers are a bit wider, but its not wide enough for its length. And whats with the tranny being really far forward and off to the side? It seems as if it wouldnt be very balanced. Ever heard of the Losi 8ight, Traxxas? Losi put the Engine in the center. Just like the old E-Maxx, motors in the middle. Why off to the side? Especially when your going to have batteries on both sides. So now, the right side of the truck is going to be heavier than the left. And dont even try to tell me that the old truck has torque twist, because it doesnt, even with a super powerful brushless motor. So why did the move the tranny to the side? And that dual steering servo? I mean really, look at the revo. How many people actualy keep the second servo!? Most people just throw in 1 powerful one. Its less weight. Bigger tires? I dont think 3.8" rims are race legal are they? Come on now Traxxas. What happened when you guys designed this? Did a 3 year old get ahold of the concept drawings? I think the truck sucks, and it has alot of odd and random features, like the uncentered tranny. Whats up here Traxxas?
Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 PM
jatoracing33

yea, the uncentered motor/tranny setup caught my eye. not too sure what the idea was there, except that if you go brushless its one motor and its in the center. if they realy wanted to be a brushless truck im not sure why they didnt save some metal and money and just throw in a brushless from the factory
Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Excell0602

I would like to see some vids of it doing really big jums to see if the off centered tranny affects it.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Excell0602

Heres the prices [X(]

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LNTJR4**&P=G
Old 10-18-2007, 08:47 PM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: Excell0602

Heres the prices [X(]

[X(][X(][sm=drowning.gif[sm=eek.gif][sm=eek.gif] how in the right mind would pay that. shoot I could got a pro kit truggy for that.[:'(]

I'm sorry Traxxas, but bad move IMO.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 PM
nothinbetr2do

Heres the prices [X(]

there ain't no way in h*ll i would pay that much[:@]
Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Krawlin

What a rip off. I would buy a Losi 8ight-T with that kind of money. Traxxas, you

SCREWED UP BIG TIME!!!

Messed with a good truck, added things to make it cost more, made it look retarded, and charge and arm and a leg. Horrible way to do stuff Traxxas.
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

Personally, I think they screwed up a perfectly good truck. Sure waterproof electronics are good, but what retard is going to just drive around in water? Its a stupid feature. Longer chassis? Come on. It looks too long now. And I know the revo hub carriers are a bit wider, but its not wide enough for its length. And whats with the tranny being really far forward and off to the side? It seems as if it wouldnt be very balanced. Ever heard of the Losi 8ight, Traxxas? Losi put the Engine in the center. Just like the old E-Maxx, motors in the middle. Why off to the side? Especially when your going to have batteries on both sides. So now, the right side of the truck is going to be heavier than the left. And dont even try to tell me that the old truck has torque twist, because it doesnt, even with a super powerful brushless motor. So why did the move the tranny to the side? And that dual steering servo? I mean really, look at the revo. How many people actualy keep the second servo!? Most people just throw in 1 powerful one. Its less weight. Bigger tires? I dont think 3.8" rims are race legal are they? Come on now Traxxas. What happened when you guys designed this? Did a 3 year old get ahold of the concept drawings? I think the truck sucks, and it has alot of odd and random features, like the uncentered tranny. Whats up here Traxxas?

the motors are offset, so that when you put one large brushless in there, it's centered........
jatoracing33

i would rather get the old emaxx and upgrade it
Old 10-18-2007, 08:56 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: gamesbeer1

Heres the prices [X(]

there ain't no way in h*ll i would pay that much[:@]

there's no way in hell it's going to cost that much...

remember when the brushless rustler stampede... came out

what you're seeing is not the real price, wait for it to actually get close to showing up...
Old 10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
weez440

that is a rediculous price. in my book you can buy an e-savage for alot less and still have a better truck. ok the updates they did to it came from the revo so they really aren't new idea's from r&d. the dual servos like stated above, most people dump the 2nd servo and get one high torque servo to replace them and drop the weight. the only cool part is the waterproofing of everything. ok so they dump the 2 servo's for 1 and they have to waterproof that to keep all the electronics waterproof. and on a side note you can run brushed motors underwater all day long and they will work fine. if you update it to brushless on the other hand they don't like water so then the point it mute. longer chassis? who cares it isn't gonna make something that initially handles like a sherman tank handle that much better. personally traxxas has been disappointing me lately with these releases. there is soooo many area's where they could fill the gaps yet they choose not to. i was hoping for an e-revo to get my gf. they came out with all their revamped vxl models so i went out and bought her an e-savage.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

i would rather get the old emaxx and upgrade it
I totally agree, and I have the old E-Maxx, actually I bought it about a month ago. I already have my own center skid and rear arm guards I built, and I am lookin into a good set of tires, and a good brushless setup. I might even make my own aluminum chassis if I can convince my dad to buy a vertical mini mill. The "normal" E-Maxx is one of the best electric monster platforms out there, and its a super stable platform for upgrading.

BTW, jatoracing33, do you know of any companies who make steel gears for the E-Maxx tranny? Because I am afraid with my up and coming Fiago 7 or 8XL motor thats going to get thrown in there, that the motor will just eat the tranny alive.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:08 PM
jatoracing33

i think there is, but the name isnt coming to me...
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Krawlin

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

i think there is, but the name isnt coming to me...
well, if you do think of it, slap me with an email. My email address is [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.