Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

When i brake my car TURNS HARD

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When i brake my car TURNS HARD

hmm i don't race at all and like to be able to go wot then slow up abit and have decent turning... if i put the havier oil in the front i wonder how bad it will make the handling... i shall expiriment and let you guys know. I'm a bit excited i just ordered a lrp 28 for my buggy and havn't been giving the revo any of my time. thanks for the updates will try the oil thing and change out diff oil too when i get a chance.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dmx434343

hmm i don't race at all and like to be able to go wot then slow up abit and have decent turning... if i put the havier oil in the front i wonder how bad it will make the handling... i shall expiriment and let you guys know. I'm a bit excited i just ordered a lrp 28 for my buggy and havn't been giving the revo any of my time. thanks for the updates will try the oil thing and change out diff oil too when i get a chance.
For the short while that I owned a 1/8 buggy (a MP777 to be precise), putting a heavier oil in the front prevent the wheel on the inside of the turn for unloading during hard, fast corning, and I would carry much more speed and on power steering in the corners. Now for low speed, well, it didnt have that much affect on the low speeds. But go ahead, try the 75% and 75% front and rear, see how that works, and see if its still ok in your handling department. If it helps, but not ok in the handling department, go to about only a 45% to 55% heavier oil than original grease in the front and keep the rear oil the same.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:09 PM

ok guys you know what really sucks? It was just the tires. I swapped em out finally and the problem was fully solved. Im going to put those tires on my other revo JUST to be sure but anyways thanks for all the tips have more issues that im working on now and will be posting.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol 2 pages to find out it was the tires..?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:22 AM

lol i never had a chance to change them and these tires have lots of tread i have no clue why they were so off. i learned somehelpful things from these guys in the process so its all good