Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New guy here What kinda truck is this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
nitrorc89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New guy here What kinda truck is this?

I think the best advice you could honestly have is to be patient... even after you get it running there is gonna be alot of tuning and can sometimes make you wanna pull your hair out if you dont know what your doing... I have been in this hobby now for three years and just got a new aftershock.. in the process of breaking it in and tuning it i thought i was gonna go crazy... and for your servos..check all your wires...the wires in my tmaxx stopped working the other day and it turned out that there was a wire that had wore into..it wasnt completely into. just enought to cut off the power supply
Old 01-15-2008, 02:17 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

I just noticed it has bigger wheels than normally.

I just bought those for my ST. Hope they fit well. =D
Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
smoken u!

Hey, I myself just started, I went to the local hobby shop for about two days and i learned as much as i could. I know exactly what your working with. my friend has the same one. its a t-maxx 2.2. 2.2 is the size of the piston. it looks like you dont have much to work with but from the looks of it, it was a hardcore bash truck. i would reccomend buying new plastics and servo system. KEEP the radio, crystal, and reciver. either than that that truck will show you a good time
Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 AM
george3.3

you are in good company here these guys really know there stuff. one thing they didn't add though the body does not mount in that direction. lol have fun and good luck.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Pacific Rider

looks like a money pit. Like my first car, a Rustler from a thrift shop. The first thing I learned was about the crystal, one in the radio, one on the reciever. with the right batts you should have servo action. Dont try running it without the exaust or air cleaner.
Thats a 2 speed you have. you'll have alot of fun with it. you did pay to much, time will tell if you got burned. Take much care to not get any kind of dirt in that motor. check ebay..

Good luck and Happy motoring
Old 01-16-2008, 01:16 PM
pred192

Looks like your missing throttle linkage, air filter, exhaust + pressure line, breaks. im not sure about the steering servo, receiver and battery box, engine backplate. your engine will have to be cleaned before you drive it (a dirty engine will reduce cooling and engine will overheat). it is a nice truck and once you get things working you'll have a blast. go to your hobby store to find out more and/or go to www.towerhobby.com to look up parts. if you dont have a steering servo i would suggest a hitec 645. there powerful and fast. Good Luck
Old 01-16-2008, 01:53 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Wow, so much misinformation on these forums anymore...

That is not a t-maxx, and it does not in any way resemble a t-maxx aside form the fact that it has a blue ali chassis plate and 4 wheels.

Also, it is not a 2 speed...

It's not even an MT, its an ST.

Listen to pythonfan, he seems to be one of the few guys posting here who knows what he's talking about. A few others here do as well.

i know my post isn't of much help, but I just wanted to warn you to be careful about whose advice you take on these forums, it seems that there are a lot of guys replying with misinformation.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM
nitrorcjunkie

Tommy- it IS a 2 speed. It's a Duratrax Maximum ST Pro. I say pro because it's got a TRX transmitter and a HiTec Rx. I's also got aftermarket wheels and tires. I think it could be a good newb vehicle, enough to get him addicted, then move on to a 4wd. I, personally, would not put too much cash into it.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Pacific Rider

What's up with "Tommy The Cat" ?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: nitrorcjunkie

Tommy- it IS a 2 speed. It's a Duratrax Maximum ST Pro. I say pro because it's got a TRX transmitter and a HiTec Rx. I's also got aftermarket wheels and tires. I think it could be a good newb vehicle, enough to get him addicted, then move on to a 4wd. I, personally, would not put too much cash into it.
I stand corrected.

I apologize for joining the misinformation group.

I also apologize for being snippy. I went through a bunch of threads today and found so much misinformation, BS, flaming etc... and it put me in a mood. Then I see a post in here claiming that the RC pictured is a t-maxx and it set me off.

I was way out of line, and I am sorry.

Damn i got so upset that I spouted off and joined in on the group of people spreading misinformation with my "not a 2 speed comment"

Again, sorry. That was a bit out of character for me.

i have to ask though. Where on earth did they squeeze a 2spd. It's not a clutchbell/spurgear 2spd setup, so it must be in the tranny. Must have been tough to engineer a 2spd into a narrow ST tranny.

Nevermind on the 2 speed question. i can see the 2 step bell plane as day now. Until i looked at the pic close it looked like a single bell and spur setup, but after uncrossing my eyes I can plainly see the 2 speed setup. I really need to slow down, get more sleep and drink less coffee.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:33 PM
iamnot

tommy, don't feel too bad.
there's still a lot of misinfo floating around.
for example, that truck came stock with a futaba radio system
not a mishmash of traxxas and hi tec gear
also, the radio gear is not what made it a "pro"
among other things the pro came with a tuned pipe - which the non pro did not
intrestingly, it does have the stock body

check out this old add for them.
http://www.duratrax.com/pdf/dtxc0090-sell-sheet.pdf

i feel like you did get taken on the price though
$150 for a 8 - 10 y/o used truck is highway robbery
especially one that sold new for $240.
still, by the time you get that one running you will have learned a ton about nitro rc's
good luck and enjoy your "new" toy
Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 PM
smoken u!

tommy its cool. sorry for giving misinfo too. my friends t-maxx looks exactly like that. so.... sorry[sm=47_47.gif]
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
NITROHOLICS ANONYMOUS

doesn't matter if you paid too much, you've got it now so make the most of it and have fun. Good luck
Old 01-18-2008, 09:19 AM
cool rc cars

you are missing so much stuff on your rc car dude it is not even funny. you should of bought a new one with all the money you are going to spend on parts
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Pacific Rider

blue_dragon
How's the truck comming along.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: snoking16

isnt duratrax a traxxas knockoff? or is that sportwerx?
Sportwerks is a Losi knockoff..............owned by the same parent company. The Sportwerks stuff is even in the same catalog as the Losi products.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Linsner7

Just listen to Tommy and Pytho. They are sending you in the right direction. Good Luck !!
Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 PM
gagallagher04401
My Feedback: (20)

Blue dragon I e-mailed you check your inbox.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Blue Dragon, I saw one of your earlier posts,you said you had both 27.195mhz green crystals.
If you look at the # youll see one has a Tx and one should have Rx.... be shure you put the
Tx in the transmitter (radio), and the Rx in the receiver ! sometimes this can cause problems if there not right.
Also nice truck and keep us posted on your progress !
Old 01-22-2008, 02:51 AM
zeddfirstwizard

Dude I hate to say it , Everyone is right as far as the truck you got tore A new one, and the friendly neighbor would be taking A pounding right about now! But it's done now unless you can get your money back, BUt look at it this way when and if you do get that thing running, your goona know what your doing, Not to many kits out there today and most people just buy ready-to-runs now so the first problem they have they go to A lhs and have to get it fixed, Well after the pain you have there you'll know how to fix anything that goes wrong, If It had only cost me and over half the guys on here 150 bones to learn how to build and run A nitro then it would have been A great deal! Alas so many motors gone due to being A noob and not having A temp gun, or knowing how to tune for performance. So my recomindation to you is either learn all you can on that truck, mind you at least 75-100bones there to get it running right , assuming your motor is ok or dump it now! And being A noob your self buy A rtr and go home to take it apart completly, then put it all back together,sounds boring but you will save A ton on repair cost and learn in the process. Look at your lhs if you have one and check out their parts! See what they carry, most stock tons of stuff for traxxas, hpi, or duratrax, Stay with somthing name brand so you dont have to order parts, It sucks to have A 2bone part keep you from running for A week. Plus you can then find upgrades! That is once you get better. And the # 1 thing you can do is not give up, it's not easy being in this hobby, if you really want to do it, and run A nitro powered car or truck then do it if not get electric. No tuning, nitro, glow plugs, or mess just charge and go , brushless systems out there are getting really high in quality even able to compete and BEAT nitro models. Its your choice nobody else's so decide what you feel comfortable doing,I give you props for trying with that old truck ,you'll need it Good luck!!! ANd yes people on here sometimes get things wrong , but as A rule they are only trying to help!!! So read with careful eyes and if something just dont sound right ask someone else. Again Good luck!!!