Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Best clutch for revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:37 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best clutch for revo 3.3

My stock clutch is shot in my revo 3.3 and I was wondering what clutch I should upgrade it with. I have pretty much upgraded everything this is about the last thing I hjave to do is the clutch. Any input would be great. Thanx
Old 03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
HILLFINGER

Default RE: Best clutch for revo 3.3

Link below for clutches. The MIP is good if your not wanting to spend much, if money isn't a issue check out the offerings M2C has.

link --> [link=http://www.impaktrc.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=revo+clutch+ki t&x=0&y=0]Clutches[/link]
Old 03-24-2008, 09:02 PM
fellers
My Feedback: (6)

yeah I am interested to hear in what the masses use.
Olsenn3385 you like salad minus bacon bits, LoL
Has anyone else had any problems with the stock clutch. From the looks of Olsen's clutch they are not very high quality.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
HILLFINGER

I think most people are starting to run the M2C clutches now, I am running the MIP if it ever fails I will switching to the 3 shoe M2C.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
fox23

i have an M2C and it doesnt seem to make LOTS of a difference, but it definatly makes some noticeable difference.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

I think i am going to try the M2C clutch. Stock one def. didn't hold up for me. And yes fellers I love love salad with no bacon bits haha queer. When i took clutch bell off the clutch fell out in pieces. thought it was kinda funny but dont want that happening again. Hope it didn't cause anymore problems. Anything else I should check before i put new clutch on and run it, besides the spur gear?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:51 PM
CCLHPA

Are the traxxas clutch shoes that bad ? I have problem on my t-maxx 2.5 (3.3 engine) i keep burning them up. What would make me have excessive ware on clutch shoes?
Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 01:43 AM
FISH KILLA

the stock clutch shoes are absolutley junk. They last about a gallon then they are toast. Usually the clutchbell bearings will go too. Get an extra couple bearings I promise you will be needing them. I have yet to try any other clutch shoes. So let us know how you make out.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:01 AM
infernalstone

My stock clutch is on about it's 10th gallon, and doing fine. I looked into replacing it when I bought my new engine, but we couldn't find any reason to.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:48 PM
FISH KILLA

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

My stock clutch is on about it's 10th gallon, and doing fine. I looked into replacing it when I bought my new engine, but we couldn't find any reason to.
That is really hard to beleive. I hsve gone through like 5 or 6 in 5 gallons and have seen many go out and take the bearings with them in under a couple gallons.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Mspeed

When I reversed my clutch shoes on my revo, it made a huge difference in clutch life. I really did not understand the whole concept until I put a bb in my revo and saw the huge difference in reversing the shoes on the flywheel. The big block just put too much stress on the shoes in stock direction, after reversing them it was night and day. On my jato I would burn out clutch bearings left and right, so I decided to do the same thing with the shoes on the jato, the bearings just last and last now. After I finially burned out the shoes in my revo with the bb, I went the savage 3 shoe clutch set up, and it can handle pretty much the tallest gearing I can through at it without a problem. I have never tried the M2C clutch, so I cannot comment on that, but reversing the shoes on the stock set up helped me a ton with the 3.3's power and lower gearing on the bb engines.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:40 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

I also had problems with clutch shoes then I turned them around and they work great that way they grab harder disengage better and are easier on shoes go figure.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
fox23

come to think of it, my clutchbell bearings went at about the same time as my clutch. (prob about a gallon of fuel through the motor)
Old 03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
infernalstone

ORIGINAL: FISH KILLA

That is really hard to beleive. I hsve gone through like 5 or 6 in 5 gallons and have seen many go out and take the bearings with them in under a couple gallons.
Well, it's the truth. The only bearing I replaced was the one that fell off when it lost the e-clip. I'm sure the bearing is enjoying life buried in a track in Arkansas right now. But the bearing saw 3 gallons on a 2.5r, then 7 (or maybe 8) on the OS .18TM. And now, it's going to see a .21TM
Old 10-12-2008, 10:23 PM
jafet420
My Feedback: (22)

can someone give me a link to buy the m2c clutch got the three shoe clutch on my jato wears out pretty fast