Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

need some T-Maxx help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM
ShoestringRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some T-Maxx help

I'm fixing up my cousin's TM and have some questions. he has the model number 4910 with the 2.5 TRX but its not an "R" I dont think. It doesnt have any grey parts and no rubber boots on the axles. Its a few years old at least.

What are my options for a new pull start motor, like an OS quality? I see OS discontinued the "drop in" for the TM? Why? The TRX blew out a side of the crankcase and he doesnt want another TRX even if they would take it back for the exchange. I dont have any experience with them the 2.5s so I dont know if they are good or not...

It has the round body posts but I cant find them for sale, as the new ones are square posts, so will the new shock mounts fit exactly on this TM if I swap them out to make the new body posts fit?

The two front bulkheads are cracked and they dont make these in black anymore it appears, so will the grey ones fit right?? They are the same stock number except for an "R" (4930R) at the end. Or did Traxxas change the bulkheads when they went to grey color??

It has the slipper clutch with pegs, is there an upgrade for this? Can I swap out a whole new and better slipper? I dont know if the new TM 2.5 comes with the same slipper system??? Back when I had one of the original TMs (man, *everything* broke on that original thing!) we took the pegs out and put balls in the place of the pegs..does anyone do that?

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Por2ugee17

Default RE: need some T-Maxx help

as far as a motor is concerned, i have the o.s. .18 cv-rx. It is pretty darn reliable, and has a good punch to it. Not to expensive and is a direct fit...
Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

can't help on the motor (I've got the original pro .15 version, so I swapped in a .18 CVrx which is a bolt in for it), I'm sure several people will mention engines with huge price tags...

the new shock towers should bolt right up to the shocks and bulkheads, they wouldn't change that on a maxx...

bulkheads, they wouldn't change those either, they just improved them with the new model

some people use the red pegs, some use the diff balls, some just crank the slipper down all the way... that's what I do

the CVRX isn't a direct bolt in for the 2.5 version, but if you got a new throttle linkage and a new header it would bolt right in...
Old 03-25-2008, 04:52 AM
RCCanuck

you can still get an OS 18tm if you look around for it....the OS 21tm is the direct replacement for it now. Your drop in engine choices for more power are: OS 21TM,,,RB523TM,,Picco ,,,,26 Max(needs the OFNA mount)
The shock towers and bulkheads are interchangeable so you can go to the new stuff....the slipper on the 2.5 is actually pretty good...you may have to put new pegs in and adjust it but it should work fine.