Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Northern Indiana T-maxx Bashers/Racers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:55 PM
MIKEA46996

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern Indiana T-maxx Bashers/Racers

OK lets see if this will work, I'm trying to find a group of guys that Bash/Race T-maxx trucks in or around Northern Indiana. Its always more fun when you have a bunch of guys or girls to Bash/Race with. Used to race 1/8 scale at Hardesty's but they never had a MT class and the last time I drove past looks like they don't have a track anymore. So if your from this area get on the thread and lets keep each other posted as to good places to Race. I will be building a small track this year but it won't be more then maybe a good practice track. Have so room but not enough. Also I know this is a Traxxas Thread but I also run an RC10GT2 so looking for 1/10 racers also.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:27 PM
rickshupe

Default RE: Northern Indiana T-maxx Bashers/Racers

I think it is a good idea but it looks like there is only two of us around here that have RC trucks.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
MIKEA46996

It's Only been up for a couple hours and got 1 hit already, lol. I know it is had to find any Indiana people. Anyway lets keep it going and fresh maybe we will get a good crew, who knows.

Oh if anybody is interested in K&N style filters(I love them some guys hate them) check them out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...cSELL.m315.lVI
If your from Indiana I will ship @ 1.95 instead of 3.95

Northern Indiana needs a T Maxx Club!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32232.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	913342  
Old 03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have a savage and am always up for a good bash session. My brother owns a tmaxx. I am about 25 minutes south of fort wayne. I don't know of the towns where you guys are from. There is a track (recreational track) about 20 minutes east of me in Bluffton, IN.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
MIKEA46996

Cool not even been up for a day yet and we already got 2 new people. Lets keep this post going guys.
Northern Indiana needs a MT Club.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM
rickshupe

I live by Rensselaer it is about 45 min north of Lafayette. I just had my Revo out today and I keep loosing body clips. Is there a quick fix for this? I was running without the back ones in but I get tired of the body flipping up in the back.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:08 PM
MIKEA46996

About 30 mins or so from you. As far as the lost body clips keep it off the body, lol.. I use 1/8 scale body clips they are a little heavier and stiffer so they hold on a little better.
I also use these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFRF9&P=0 so I don't lose as many clips.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
rickshupe

Thanks. I was also wondering if anyone ever tried putting any washers in between the body and the clips. The rear clips pulled through the body on mine. I think I need to order a new body, the bad thing is that it is only a few months old but I figure your not bashing if it is always right side up.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
MIKEA46996

I should have my custom built Maxx put together by this weekend, I'll get some pics up as soon as I do.
Aluminium lightened chassis, Orange RPM arms, Aluminium diff cases, trans case, bulkheads,shock towers, RB 523 Motor and Pipe, Spektrum Radio, Threaded Titanium Shocks, Orange RPM Claws, Proline Masher tires, and a crowd pleazer. Won't be the best looking body I am Painting it myself, wish I could airbrush(Saw some beautiful bodies on ebay but its not a shelf queen aint payin 100 bucks for a body) hoping to Break-in the engine this weekend, if it warms up, I hate having to wrap the head to keep the temps up. Also looking for a cheap Revo, bad motor or something like that wanna build one.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 AM
MIKEA46996

Ok Northern Indiana WAKE UP. LOL Day two and only three people in the northern end of this state? wow!
Anyway lets keep this thread alive guys tell your friends, I told mine but they think I'm childish "Still Playing With RC Trucks Come On Grow Up".
If I have to tell one more of them where to stick it I'm gonna go nuts.
Post let people know where your from and maybe we can all get together and do some Bashing/Racing sometime.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:07 PM
CadenceWildBeast

where do you plan on running. i am around Ft. Wayne area so if you said where there mite be more people interested. with gas being BS per gallon im not sure i will be willing to drive 2 far let us know where and maybe when then maybe
Old 03-26-2008, 04:16 PM
MIKEA46996

I don't know hoping to find a track or a good bashing place, Hoping to maybe share rides if we find some other people cause your right gas is B.S right now.
So far we are all within like 60 miles of each other. Hoping more people post here.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was looking for people on here to help me, I did a member search by state. you can narrow it down to Indiana RC car people and then find where they are from and even p.m. them. I did that and met one of my bashing buddies.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:40 AM
rcfire45

Hi guys. Rochester here. We have five guys with trucks on the FD here and will be building a track as soon as the weather breaks.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 AM
MIKEA46996

Hey thanks for posting, I think I talked to you or one of the other guys too. I was on Bass Lake VFD for several years(Had to leave due to work). Thats cool your like 30 mins or so from me. So far everybody that has posted is within an hour of each other. Tell the other guys on FD to post here too.maybe if we keep this thread alive and fresh we will find a s*ithouse full of people.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:58 PM
MIKEA46996

Here is a pic of my new work in progress. RD Logics chassis,bulkheads,diff cases and supports, shock towers, body mounts, battery box, receiver box, chassis braces, bumpers, and skid plates,& trans case, OS .18TM with new header and 1/8 scale pipe, Spektrum 3 channel, Red dyed chrome RPM rims, Monster Mash tires, MIP Shiny CVDs center front & rear, RRP Trans gears, Slipper, and Diff gears, Lundsford Titanium Pins and Rods, Stainless hardware Red dyed RPM arms. Hope to have it completed by this weekend. Put an OS .18TM on my brothers last week and its a screamer. Pic sucks my camera is shot dropped it hard had to use the cell phone. Let me know what you think. She is not gonna be a shelf Queen, will be changing body mounts to RPM, Aluminium is just for show one flip and they would be done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80021.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	918046  
Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 PM
ShmittyRevo

Hey guys Im from the tiny town of zanesville Indiana. I really want to know of a good track that i can drive my revo on, because there is no dirt anywhere!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Iron92

Hey guys. I got a revo 3.3 body with picco .26 jl red dot. I live in Warsaw Indiana, 45 min west of fort wayne.