Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Steering servo location

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
yeffy99
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering servo location

I'm converting to a single steering servo. What is the best side to put the servo on and why?
Thanks for the help
Old 03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Steering servo location

It depends on what you plan on doing. Do you have the tekno conversion kit to move the reciver where the servo goes then you only have one option really. The right side is a little bit lighter then the left on an empty tank from what I've noticed. Then again I have the teckno conversion kit so my opinion might not apply to you.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:06 AM
ssj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steering servo location

Like Venom said, with the Tekno kit you have no choice but to put the steering servo on the left side. I would say follow what Tekno is doing and get the conversion kit if you haven't already done so. It makes the battery, receiver box, and fuel tank mounting different along with various fuel tank mounting options. Even if I didn't have the Tekno kit, I would've put the steering servo on the left side because the fuel tank is on the right, it's like a weight balance deal when there's fuel in the tank somewhat. Check out My Gallery for old pics of my Revo if you're unfamiliar of what the Tekno conversion is actually "converting".