Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new revo 3.3 owner...With question's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
nitro vin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new revo 3.3 owner...With question's?

Hey I've been reading alot of past threads from alot of different members, and that alone has answered alot of my question's. But that being said I am haveing problem's with keeping this revo in tune. And I almost feel like I'm messing with it to much though. Shouldn't this truck do wheelies if i bury the throttle from a stop. I think i have it tuned decent,but not sure, so my question is should i adjust the slipper clutch or keep tuning?? I want this thing to stand up on command...any help would be appreciated.I have probably 8 tanks through it already and have had a fare amount of probs learning to tune it. Running top fuel 20% with a hot plug weather here is about 45* average and low humidity. Thanks Vince
Old 03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
FISH KILLA

Default RE: new revo 3.3 owner...With question's?

get a better fuel. Byrons gen 2 is good. I used the top fuel at first and had poor performance and my one way bearing slipped allot. Give it about a gallon and it wil start to do wheelies. You may have to tighten your slipper at that point for on demand wheelies but be sure to loosen it up a little when going for jumps. Wheelies will get old quick though trust me.

Oh and a little tip, most of the people on here are goofy so just listen to me. I am the only one who knows anything about this stuff. my stuff runs tip top and I never have any issues.

j/k
Old 03-26-2008, 05:11 PM
nitro vin

Thanks fish and I've seen the posts about how many of these things you have toasted...LOL .But in all seriousness thanks for the advice and will try a diff fuel should I change to a medium plug then or? Thanks Vince
Old 03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
FISH KILLA

if you run 20% wich is what allot of people run in their 3.3 then yes go to a med plug. I beleive the higher nitro the colder and lower nitro the hotter plug. The traxxas super duty long medium plug is a good plug for 20% nitro. You can of course finish the top fuel you have but most everyone will agree you would be doing good to use a different fuel like Byrons, odonnel tec.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:26 PM
nitro vin

Cool thanks, so basically this motor is going to get stronger then in time is that correct to say.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 PM
FISH KILLA

indeed!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

then it goes poof if your names mike! lol anyway yeah definately switch fuels Top Fuel has WAY to much oil in it I use Byrons Gen 2 20% thinkiing about going to 30% but thats just to get more out of my engine (TRX 2.5) definately change fuels that will help so much with chasing a tune. also stay away from blue thunder and theres one more I cant remember

but
O'Donnels and Byrons are great fuels from my experience Byrons just my choice
Old 03-26-2008, 06:18 PM
[email protected]

odonells R2R man good stuff its like catnip for your engine