Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 2.5 Front End Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 PM
packageman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 2.5 Front End Lift

Hello;

I have a Revo 2.5 with an OS 18TM motor and Trinity Tuned Pipe. I bought it used about 2 months ago and spent some time putting things back in order as the previous owner had stripped it for racing. It has metal spur gears and quite a bit of mods to it. The problem I am having is keeping the front end on the ground. Hole shots puts the truck on the wing right away. I changed the front diff fluid to 50K and rear to 30K. Any help you can offer to keep the front wheels down would be appreciated. Oh, running white springs in the front and Silver in the rear.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:06 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Revo 2.5 Front End Lift

Gear it up a little higher. By adding more teeth on the clutch bell and less teeth on the spur gear, you will loose a little low end but get it back with more top end.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

center diff 500k oil period.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:33 PM
systemlord

O man this is funny, when my brother bought his OS .18TM he couldn't keep his T-Max 2.5 from flipping onto its back.[sm=lol.gif] In the end he put an extended chassis to make it longer so it wouldn't back flip anymore. Here's the .21 chassis he used for his .15 TRX 2.5 engine >>> http://www.2coolrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=183
Old 03-27-2008, 07:03 AM
packageman

Great ideas, I have begun to read about the center diff and considering that option.
I'm a rookie in this hobby so if my question seems odd hang with me; I'll get it soon.

My Spur Gear is stamped with SRV00442T so I would assume this is a 42T or 42 tooth gear. I have no idea what the clutch bell has for teeth; I would assume it is stock?

Has anyone gone to more than 50K in the front diff and 30K in the rear diff?

Old 03-27-2008, 11:19 AM
125cchyperman

About the easiest way to get rid of this is loosen up the slipper a little bit. Or add more teeth to the clutch bell gear and less to the spur gear, the T behind the 42T stand for teeth, so a 42T has 42 teeth on the spur gear. If it's 40t then it has 40 teeth on the gear. Get what I'm saying, and also maybe some spring adjustments will do, make the rear end squat a little more. This will allow it to squat instead of instantly doing a wheelie
Old 03-27-2008, 11:28 AM
slayerphonics

All lowering or raising the diff fluid weight in the front and back does is change the power on the right and left side of truck.
So if your making a left turn more weight is put on the right tire/more traction, so less power is given to that wheel, the thicker the fluid more power is given to the wheel with more traction.

To stop the wheelies, Get a center diff, and mess with that fluid, loosen the sliper clutch
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM
plasma 327

Untill you get a center diff,
back the slipper nut off slightly and allow
enough slip to keep it under control.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:14 PM
NitroVenom

I'm not running 50k in the front but I'm running 40k weight in the front and 30k in th rear. I like the setup so far but the track will really show its potential. I say its a good set-up.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

I loved my 2.5with 50k front and rear then I got the center diff