Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

convince me

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 PM
casualrcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convince me

okay all of you t-maxx fans. convince me to buy a traxxas t-maxx. good, bad indifferent, tell me why i should buy one. thanks!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Nighthawk z450

Default RE: convince me

i have a heavily modded maxx which i love, but i just bought a revo,
here's a link to the post i just made:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7299003/tm.htm
Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if your going to go for a 3.3 youd be better of spending the money on something else for around 400 there are plenty of great options out there. id recomend looking into a team associated MGT 3.0 or any of Losi's monster trucks. i have a tmaxx and love it but they do take some upgrades to be durable out of the box. its a great starter truck but your going to spend money on rpm a-arms which will cost you another 40-50 depending on where you buy them.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:57 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

I have a savage x, a monster baja,and a 2.5r tmaxx and would have to say the savage is my favorite very tough but am not impressed with the hpi motors. My t-maxx has tons of upgrades to be as durable as the savage. As for the baja I am just getting it past break in so I dont really know..
Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 AM
beer=food
Banned

Just get a revo and forget them T-Craps.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Mspeed

Frenchblue, I upgraded the motor in the savy X when I use to run it. Problems will start to surface when you do that though.... that annoying engine plate that cracks is really what was the straw that broke the cammels back for me. Ended up giving up on that Slug and going Revo never looked back again. Owning that T-maxx you got there does not even give you a fair comparision of what Traxxas has to offer on the Revo. Id still take a Savy over a T-maxx, but no question Revo over both combined hah.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:40 AM
xtremes15

i love my maxx, its a pain in the @$$ sometimes but i like to work on it too so they kinda even out !!
hopefully sat or sun i will have my very own revo 3.3, all being well caint beat it for the price
Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

I got my maxx months before the revo came out, if I had to do it again I'd go revo I think...
Old 03-29-2008, 03:28 AM
RCCanuck

buy a redcat racing tsunami
Old 03-29-2008, 07:04 AM
[email protected]

sorry but revo makes redcat get on its knees and BLOW.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:14 AM
savtraxx

i nerly threw my maxx 2.5 off a clif i seriously hated it you COULD NOT tune the ^%^&%*(^*(%$^$*(^)(&^&_)&_&)(*^*%$% thing
Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 AM
FRENCHBLUE72

ORIGINAL: Mspeed

Frenchblue, I upgraded the motor in the savy X when I use to run it. Problems will start to surface when you do that though.... that annoying engine plate that cracks is really what was the straw that broke the cammels back for me. Ended up giving up on that Slug and going Revo never looked back again. Owning that T-maxx you got there does not even give you a fair comparision of what Traxxas has to offer on the Revo. Id still take a Savy over a T-maxx, but no question Revo over both combined hah.
I have not had motor plate issues only pull start issues I have been looking at adding another truck to my arsel this year and got a really good deal on the maxx. I have been looking at revos but am just not sure if I need 4 mts.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:38 AM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Get Revo dude, I am still new to this hobby and these guys know what they are talking about. They will help you so much its incredible. I love these guys. They have gone through so much to help me. [8D]

I love my Revo. It's fast and durable. I had a T-maxx 2.5r about 4 years ago and it sucked. I could not keep it tuned for nothing. I just put a new Resonator pipe on my Revo and retuned it in 5 mins flat!!!

Revo Rules the Roost as far as I am concerned. [8D]
Old 03-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Mspeed

When I put my axial in my savage x, thats when the speed got up there enough to start doing some damage to the engine plate. I would go out and roll it or land it on the top and it was done(crack). Never had really any problems with it with the stock motor, guess it didnt go fast enough to do much to it. Then the brakes just would not stop that thing, got it fixed for a while then gave out again. Started eating dog bones fast with new motor, upgraded those with hpi's higher end ones and greased the joints before every run, still ate them up fast. Had to replace the steering servo, was real junk put in there and still had alot of slop in it till you upgrade all the links. Locktite was needed on alot of those cheezy philips screws hpi uses. So after installing a semi roll cage in back just to protect that motor so it wouldnt break engine plates (I really dont like roll cages either), I dont know how but the plate still managed to break. After a few more broke got the revo. I understand hpi has fixed some of the issues I had with their newer ss model; however, at that time I was sick of some of the driving issues I had with it as well. I am sure some of the Savage owners know all too well about coming to a very slow speed before making any turns or your on your lid and jumping was easy to get air with the axial but landing a Savage and keeping it on its wheels was a real pain till you upgrade your shocks. Even if I landed on all fours from real high it would just bounce back up and top over lol. Anyways, if my revo lands a bit wrong I dont have to worry it just soaks it up and reminds me why its so much better.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:52 AM
james_bl2003

I'd say if your going with traxas revo is the way to go I have 3 and wouldn't have any other
Old 03-29-2008, 11:55 AM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

why are you guys saying the maxx is trash because of the engine? it's the same one!!! it makes no sense to me... the 2.5's are known to be temperamental, it happens, that's one reason I didn't want to get the 2.5...
Old 03-29-2008, 12:14 PM
james_bl2003

yes I know the engine is the same I don't like the setup of the tmax myself I don't like the fact that the whole front end is held on by the skidplate basically and I don't like the shock setup on them either I' ve beaten the hell out of my revo and seldom break anything my friend is constantly fixing pieces on he's tmaxx
Old 03-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Mspeed

That skid plate holding on the front end is a big reason why the front tends to rip off in bad wreaks. The shock set up is rather expensive in my books, just think if you bend a few shock shalfs on that thing, especially if they are nice ones. Not to mention if you decide to change your suspension set up, guess that means changing twice the amount of shock fluids and or springs... alot of time and money right there.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
tomcatguy74

I was breaking bulkheads like they were made of paper. Funny thing was that I broke one when I hit the edge of my driveway wich is only like 1 1/2 to 2" high. My Revo will either bounce off or jump over it. Of course I was not trying to do this but my front yard is only so big.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:33 PM
kramr5

Stay away from a maxx and get a Revo or LST2.

Out of the box the maxx is crap..... takes big money to make a maxx as durable as a bone stock revo.

I have all three and my maxx morphed into a supermaxx in my effort to stop if from breaking and the Revo and LST2 are pretty good right out of the box. The revo needs just a few upgrades (radio, servos, spring/shock tuning) and the LST2 is the bomb right out of the box!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 02:26 PM
casualrcer

thanks for the responses fellas! so if not a t-maxx, what about the new e-maxx? i hear it shares some of the components with the revo.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:40 PM
tomcatguy74

That E-maxx is one badd ***** truck. I would kill to have one. Ahhh one day![]
Go on youtube.com and type in E-maxx 16.8 in the search box and watch in amazement!!
However, nothing beats the wonderful sound and smell of a nitro truck pi$$ing off your neighbors and reaerating thier lawn.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Macanan

Why is there about every 5th thread that goes on, it's always a T-Maxx vrs revo forget the 2.5 there out of the question, and if anyone wants to know which is good and why should they get or not get what ever it is, then buy BOTH of them and see for your self, because everyone is going to have there opinions regardless of what they think and most of everyone is with revo because its the SPAWN of the T-Maxx 2.5 if it wasn't for the 2.5 then there wouldn't be a revo and now they made a T-Maxx 3.3 which is way better then the 2.5's, ANYTHING you buy there's going to be something wrong with it, and you will have to upgrade some things then other's there Ready to run guys, there's not going to be a RTR RC out there that your not going to have to do something with it, Yes the T-Maxx 3.3 has week skid plates upgrade them to aluminum and that prob is solved, yes the bulkheads are week, get aluminums and that prob is solved, yes the shocks on both the revo and T-Maxx always gets upgraded when you get one, which the ones for the T-Maxx 3.3 the aluminum onse would only cost you about $60.00 for a very good set of 8 which isn't bad. and they do make RPM a arms for the T-maxx 3.3 which will cost about $8.00 per wheel to fix so there's $32.00, I haven't had a Revo so I don't know or can't say anything about them but I do have the T-Maxx 3.3, and I have bashed the heck out of this truck and haven't broke one thing yet.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:36 PM
mycarisaser

The new e-maxx is a great truck. Its been alot of fun. It needs bulks and shocktower upgrades.The stock ones dont hold up. I also have a lst2. It takes a little money to get the emaxx as tough as an lst or savage but the emaxx will handle water without issue
Old 03-29-2008, 03:39 PM
tomcatguy74

ORIGINAL: Macanan

Why is there about every 5th thread that goes on, it's always a T-Maxx vrs revo forget the 2.5 there out of the question, and if anyone wants to know which is good and why should they get or not get what ever it is, then buy BOTH of them and see for your self, because everyone is going to have there opinions regardless of what they think and most of everyone is with revo because its the SPAWN of the T-Maxx 2.5 if it wasn't for the 2.5 then there wouldn't be a revo and now they made a T-Maxx 3.3 which is way better then the 2.5's, ANYTHING you buy there's going to be something wrong with it, and you will have to upgrade some things then other's there Ready to run guys, there's not going to be a RTR RC out there that your not going to have to do something with it, Yes the T-Maxx 3.3 has week skid plates upgrade them to aluminum and that prob is solved, yes the bulkheads are week, get aluminums and that prob is solved, yes the shocks on both the revo and T-Maxx always gets upgraded when you get one, which the ones for the T-Maxx 3.3 the aluminum onse would only cost you about $60.00 for a very good set of 8 which isn't bad. and they do make RPM a arms for the T-maxx 3.3 which will cost about $8.00 per wheel to fix so there's $32.00, I haven't had a Revo so I don't know or can't say anything about them but I do have the T-Maxx 3.3, and I have bashed the heck out of this truck and haven't broke one thing yet.
Just remember Mac that not everyone can afford to buy 2 $600 trucks and might be even tighter with money so much that they can't upgrade out of the box.
I have had my Revo for about 2 months and even though I have had trouble tuning it(I finally narrowed it down to the wrong glowplug used for the environment and fuel I was using) and recieved TONS and TONs of help from the great people on here I finally got it running GREAT!!! I have not upgraded anything but the pipe which I replaced with a new Resonator pipe I got from traxxas for FREE. I installed a wing to protect the engine too. THATS IT!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.