Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

fuel/ carb problem????? help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:22 AM
james_bl2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel/ carb problem????? help

Well guys my revo 3.3 set up most of this winter and now it won't fire. If I pour a bit of fuel thru the carb it will run till that runs out but doesn't wanna stay running and seems like it won't pull fuel from the tank on it's own any idea ???????????
Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fuel/ carb problem????? help

Sounds like the same problem that happened to mine. One day last fall I went to run it and mine wouldnt draw up fuel through the lines either. To me it sounds like u have a clogged carb that got clogged with some left-over fuel residue that was not completely run through the carb. Sounds like u might have to just replace the carb body only. Its like between 15-20 bux depending on where ya look. I did that and it solved the problem for me. One thing u always have to remember is u must COMPLETELY run the engine, and tank dry of fuel, even when it seems empty, keep trying to start it till ur sure that it wont fire anymore, THEN put ur after run oil in. But i think the carb here is the culprit.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:37 AM
FRENCHBLUE72

Im haveing the same problem right now.. I have a spare carb I guess ill throw on there..
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
james_bl2003

would it be possible to pull the carb off and try cleaning it with wd 40 or something maybe. It may be awhile before I make it to the LHS and I wanna play already lol.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:50 AM
james_bl2003

but thanks for the advise sounds like ur probably right i'll let u know what I figure out. :-)
Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Mspeed

Here is what I do when that happens, take off your fuel line that goes to the carb and attach a fuel line to your fuel bottle and attack that to your carb, and with fuel in the bottle, while turning over the motor sqeeze the fuel into the motor. What your doing is forcing the fuel into the motor. I do not know if its safe to try it when the motor is not turning over, might blow a seal lol. Watch the fuel to see it flow to the carb, sqeeze harder till it moves up to the carb, it should unblock itself and flow normal then just plug the exhaust to kill it and put your lines back on and it should run like always. Do not rush out and get a new carb or anything.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:11 PM
james_bl2003

well i tried the furel bottle idea and replaced my glow plug it's getting better just need a battery worth a **** for the ezstart it keeps dieing but it's getting better though I should be able to keep messing with it and get it up and running.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Mspeed

did you push the fuel through the line? That is the key to this working. If you have not seen the fuel push through the line then sqeeze harder lol
Old 03-29-2008, 12:53 PM
james_bl2003

I actually took a airhose and blew thru the line from the exhaust and back pressured the tank cause my fuel bottle the nozzle is to big and I spill fuel everywhere when I tried attaching it to the bottle
Old 03-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Mspeed

Risky, these nitros run best with a tight seal in the fuel tank, exhaust, carb, and motor. If you bust a seal somewhere you will have tunning issues and sometimes that seal might not be the easiest to fix or find.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM
james_bl2003

ok so this is what finally worked for me!!!!! Anywho I pulled the HSN out completly along with the nut piece it goes into and blew the crap out of it with a airhose and put it all back together and now it's running and pulling wheelies still need to retune the carb to hit second gear but hey it's alive again now if only I could fix this weather Darn Rain.[&o]
Old 03-29-2008, 06:52 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

Mine appears to be sucking air around the carb I got fuel going to carb.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:10 PM
snoking16

frenchie...get some copper RTV sealant and pull the carby off. goober a little bit of this sealer all around the base of the carb and neck and slide her back on, lock it up and let it dry for a day or 2. should stop your air leak. and another way to clean your carb is to just take it apart and soak it in some carb cleaner you can get at shucks or autozone. that works very well.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:20 PM
FRENCHBLUE72

ORIGINAL: snoking16

frenchie...get some copper RTV sealant and pull the carby off. goober a little bit of this sealer all around the base of the carb and neck and slide her back on, lock it up and let it dry for a day or 2. should stop your air leak. and another way to clean your carb is to just take it apart and soak it in some carb cleaner you can get at shucks or autozone. that works very well.
Hey thanks alot I will give that a try..