Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Carpet racers RANT

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Skimore69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet racers RANT

Well it started off i was staying in a hotel with some buddies when i woke up to the sound of carpet racers in the convention hall. I went to investigate and wound up getting bashed. I have a revo 3.3 and i tried to start a conversation with one of the club managers not knowing that there was a local club in town, (my home town) i was curious to find out what it was all about. When i tried to talk they completely ignored me as if they thought i was joking. I tried to explain to them i have a revo and wanted to know if i could race with the club. The club manager stood up and said "do you even know what your talkin about KID, you shouldn't be talkin to us about your radio shack toys.
I was really offended considering these d-bags called me a kid when im 18 and am serious into the hobby. What do you guys think about these stuck up losers.
BTW just needed to rant somewhere about my bad experience if its inappropriate mods can delete this
thx
Old 03-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Clymer122693

Default RE: Carpet racers RANT

I say find em when they are running around again and take your revo and smash them lol but thats just me
Old 03-31-2008, 04:16 AM
RCCanuck

just ignore people like that we don't want them in our hobby anyways
Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 AM
[email protected]

run the f**k over those stupid @$$ carpet cars [>:]

then after they have been over say some douche bag comment back like hows that for radio shack[>:]
Old 03-31-2008, 05:53 AM
megamaxx

aaaahhhhhh,arrogance at its finest,must be one of those "exclusive" clubs. in it for themselves,and screw everybody else.i strongly dislike people like that.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:55 AM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

The way they reacted was very rude yes, however you have to realize that carpet racing is AS FAR away from a revo you can get so lets say your conversation may have went a little different, something like this may have happened (trust me stuff like this has happened to me) (also this is just my thoughts at how people talk in a conversation)
"Hey those are cool I see you guys have a club I have a revo and I was wondereing what I could do to race with you guys"
"do you even know what your talkin about KID, you shouldn't be talkin to us about your radio shack toys"
"Well I was just wondering because I was interested in getting into carpet racing could I pick your brain about a good starting setup?"
"Oh well im running X chassis and X tires"
"Well hey my name is Skimore69 carpet racing looks really fun would I be able to swing by one day you guys get together?"
"sure we meet again next week, By the way my name is X"

yeah I've been there before carpet racers are their own breed they just always think they can get that little umph to get faster and always have a stick up their but when driving it takes alot of concentration because the slightest little screw up can send you packing home for a few days, with kits running $5-600 and a total drop for a competitive start up you can look at somewhere near thousands of dollars the cars are just so quick and overpowered one screw up could be your last.

EDIT also the people above me are showing the same sort of arrogance that we want to keep out of this hobby, yeah go run their cars over that works? No for one good luck getting a revo in where they are racing on carpet, and second what would that even prove? that your a hack and then they deffinately wont want you in there. show interest and dont try and talk setup about a revo with them lol
Old 03-31-2008, 06:09 AM
megamaxx

^true,but the club guys could have handled it better also,just because your in a club does not make you better than anyone else period.if anything they should be promoting the hobby to help their club and hobby grow.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 PM
acexxxoasis

true^
Old 03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
sloppyG

did you really see a bunch of touring cars bombing around the track and think that you could run the revo alongside them?

I agree the guys didn't really treat you with respect, but did you think you can run a nitro MT INDOORS against touring cars?

they weren't nice to you, but really you asked a pretty silly question
Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
hpi mt 2 rulez

LOl wow sloppyg, you need to read his comment a lil better.first, since its a club, it would most likely race any type of rc, and second he didnt say running a nitro mt indoors with touring cars. [X(]
Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: hpi mt 2 rulez

LOl wow sloppyg, you need to read his comment a lil better.first, since its a club, it would most likely race any type of rc, and second he didnt say running a nitro mt indoors with touring cars. [X(]

um, the club was indoors racing on carpet right?

if he wanted to race with the club, then he would be racing indoors on the carpet with them right?

what the guy did was sort of like walking into burger king and asking for a big mac

Old 03-31-2008, 08:06 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

ORIGINAL: hpi mt 2 rulez

um, the club was indoors racing on carpet right?

if he wanted to race with the club, then he would be racing indoors on the carpet with them right?

what the guy did was sort of like walking into burger king and asking for a big mac

HAHA I did that the other day on acciedent!.. ok.. back on topic.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 PM
acexxxoasis

exactl like I said, had he said something about liking to get into carpet it could of been a different story
Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM
LateApex31

ORIGINAL: Skimore69

Well it started off i was staying in a hotel with some buddies when i woke up to the sound of carpet racers in the convention hall. I went to investigate and wound up getting bashed. I have a revo 3.3 and i tried to start a conversation with one of the club managers not knowing that there was a local club in town, (my home town) i was curious to find out what it was all about. When i tried to talk they completely ignored me as if they thought i was joking. I tried to explain to them i have a revo and wanted to know if i could race with the club. The club manager stood up and said "do you even know what your talkin about KID, you shouldn't be talkin to us about your radio shack toys.
I was really offended considering these d-bags called me a kid when im 18 and am serious into the hobby. What do you guys think about these stuck up losers.
BTW just needed to rant somewhere about my bad experience if its inappropriate mods can delete this
thx

Post the club website so a fellow RCU'er can hax0r the page[sm=devious.gif]
Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Skimore69

your assumptions are bad i just was lookin for information because of the fact that i didnt know there was any other place to race besided my local hobby town. i just mentioned the fact that i had a revo. I wasnt tryin to be annoying or stupid. they told me to check website i will post it when i can find it
Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Skimore69

http://www.rcxracing.com/rules.html
BY THE WAY I NEVER MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT WANTING TO CARPET RACE MY REVO...
im not retarded
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 PM
ModifiedMaxx

ORIGINAL: Skimore69

thx
uuugggghhhh, I HATE that! Everybody thinks freakin micro sizers, and radio shack crap, but it just pisses me off!
until i mention 50 mph but then they go on saying stuff about a 90 mph electric skyline from walmart!

how do i describe to them what it really is? large scale rc?? rc's from hobbytown? and nobody at my school ( im 13 7th grade ) is into the hobby

and BTW i feel the same way, i just needed to get that off my chest