Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo Cantilevers Differences

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:05 AM
MAXXCHEVY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo Cantilevers Differences

Ive been looking into buying a new truck and the revo is really holding my attention so ive been researching it and i came across these [link=http://hcrracing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=313]Long travel cantilevers[/link] and i was wondering what is the difference between those and the other cantilevers offered by [link=http://hcrracing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=16]HCRRacing[/link] Does anyone have these or at least an opinion im new to the Revo game.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:23 AM
FISH KILLA

Default RE: Revo Cantilevers Differences

The stock revo 3.3 comes with the long travel rockers/cantilevers. Those are just made of titanium. The rockers usually never fail so no need for those high dollar puppies right there unless you are trying to go light weight and increase strength but like I said no need for them. There are many other parts to upgrade before those at 59 bucks.

The revo is awesome!!!! get one and you will see.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 AM
MAXXCHEVY

ORIGINAL: FISH KILLA

The stock revo 3.3 comes with the long travel rockers/cantilevers. Those are just made of titanium. The rockers usually never fail so no need for those high dollar puppies right there unless you are trying to go light weight and increase strength but like I said no need for them. There are many other parts to upgrade before those at 59 bucks.

Do the stock long travel rockers come on the truck or are they included? also does it make the revo sit taller? the only reason i would buy them is my LHs it blowing them out cheap

what would you recommend changing first on the revo?
Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Gustaf4096

ORIGINAL: MAXXCHEVY

Do the stock long travel rockers come on the truck or are they included? also does it make the revo sit taller? the only reason i would buy them is my LHs it blowing them out cheap

what would you recommend changing first on the revo?
They are included but not mounted, they such pretty hard if you ask for my opinion.

Br
Old 03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
MAXXCHEVY

ORIGINAL: Gustaf4096

They are included but not mounted, they such (You mean suck?) pretty hard if you ask for my opinion.

Br
Why do you say they suck?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:24 PM
FISH KILLA

They are for extremely rough terrain so they on suck if not used for that application. They do notmake it sit they make it STAND very high LOL! They are for very rough stuff or crawling. the rvoe will not handle as good by any means with them installed. The revo 3.3 comes with the p2 rockers wich are a great balance for big jumps and great cornering.

First thing to upgrade is shock fluid if you ask me. It helps with smoothing out the suspension and helps with body rol in th ecorners. It will let you drive it allot faster without worry of rolling over or bottoming out to hard on big jumps. The next thing to upgrade would maybe be the first thing that breaks depending on what it is. Get one and drive the hell out of it and let us know what breaks first and we will tell you if you should upgrade or replace with stock.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

honestly tires are THE best upgrade for a revo (or almost any car)
Old 03-31-2008, 02:24 PM
FISH KILLA

^^^ vERY TRUE!!! I need some street tires extremely bad. These zombies are wearing faster and faster.
Also maybe some aluminum wheel hexes.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
HILLFINGER

What exactly are you gonna do with the Revo MAXXCHEVY .
Old 03-31-2008, 05:44 PM
MAXXCHEVY

ORIGINAL: HILLFINGER

Well there arent any local tracks me and a buddy build home tracks that are pretty damn good, i like big air jumps ive been hitting mtn bike jumps lately. top speed isnt my biggest concern just durability and i want it to wheelie.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:01 PM
HILLFINGER

ORIGINAL: MAXXCHEVY

ORIGINAL: HILLFINGER

Well there arent any local tracks me and a buddy build home tracks that are pretty damn good, i like big air jumps ive been hitting mtn bike jumps lately. top speed isnt my biggest concern just durability and i want it to wheelie.

The P-2 Rockers are probably the best for bashing in my opinion. The Revo doesn't handle real well with the LT Rockers well it didn't for me.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:09 PM
FISH KILLA

iF YOU ARE TALKING REALLY BIG JUMPS AND HARSH LANDINGS i HAVE READ THAT THE p1 ROCKERS ARE SUITED BEST FOR THAT. tHEY DO NOT COME WITHT THE 3.3 SO YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY THEM.

Sorry for the caps.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:16 PM
MAXXCHEVY

iF YOU ARE TALKING REALLY BIG JUMPS AND HARSH LANDINGS i HAVE READ THAT THE p1 ROCKERS ARE SUITED BEST FOR THAT. tHEY DO NOT COME WITHT THE 3.3 SO YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY THEM.

Sorry for the caps.
im not talking super huge prob like 5ft high and 6-10 long what shock oil weight should i run? is there something that may break first?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
FISH KILLA

use the stock p2 rockers with 45 or 50 wt shock fluid. Use the middle pushrod locations. First thing to break??? I'm guessing a arm unless you are as good as me

I don't break things...I explode them!