Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx radio interference?Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM
decathlonflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx radio interference?Help!

Ok so heres the deal I just bought this T-maxx 2.5r of ebay. It said it has only had about six tanks of fuel ran trough. Well when i opened up the box it looked just as advertised, brand new. Well the next day i got to messing with and i noticed that would lose control of the servos randomly not at any certian rpm or anything. I thought it might be the optidrive but i called traxxas and they said to take it out and see if the problem persist, well it did. I live out in the country so something is telling me it might not be radio interference. Heres what ive done so far. Could i try the crystals out of my old t-maxx i tried the ones out of my airplane but they didnt work.

Removed OptiDrive

Replaced Reciever batteries

Tried crystals out of my airplane.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
CBM Racing

Default RE: T-maxx radio interference?Help!

Try chrystals out of old tmaxx, aircraft chrystals are on 72mghz band and not compatible with surface equipment. Also check antennaes on both transmitter and receiver for damage. Is it range issue? Like after it gets so far away it does it, or does it randomly? Unplug and plug in all the servos again, making sure they're installed right way. Make sure there is no metal to metal contact, vibrations can cause interference(this is for linkages mainly). Hmmm, is antennae in truck routed up and out of body? Sounds like a newb question, but I have seen it a few times where people forgot to run antennae through tube and just left it coiled in rec. box. Can't think of anything else right now, good luck!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:12 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check to make sure there is no exposed wiring anywhere coming from/going to the servos, the ezstart, or anything else that has wiring to it....
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM
decathlonflyer

I have unpluged all of the servos and pluged them back there are no exposed wires or anything. The antenna is routed out of the body. I will try the old crystals tomorrow and let you know how that goes. It is not a range issue because i can be stand on top of it and it still does it.