Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

M2C clutch and broken trans gears

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
SpinOut123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M2C clutch and broken trans gears

Hey Guys, has any one else had this issue? I have a Revo with an OS18, THS exhaust and a new M2C racing clutch (using 0.95 clutch spring) and some 40 series MOABs. It seems I have broken the input gear on the trans since the spur gear spins and the truck doesn't move forward or reverse. The clutch grabs like a BEAST at least that is before the trans died! My question is, will I constantly have this issue with busted gears? I DONT want to go forward only gears since I mainly bash and like having reverse. I was thinking if I loosen the slipper clutch a lot, then this shouldn't happen again. Any input guys?

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
FISH KILLA

Default RE: M2C clutch and broken trans gears

that is what the slipper is there for to save your tranny and drive train. Adjust it properly and you should not have that prob again.

How long have you had the m2c?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
SpinOut123

I've had the new clutch for a grand total of maybe 25 minutes in the car...HAHA! This clutch grips like no other! I also got the soft shoes since the medium's weren't in-stock at the time of purchase. I've had my slipper set like this for 6+ months with both the MIP & Traxxas clutch and this never happened.

Will definately loosen that slipper nut after I find out which gear got trashed.

Thanks for the reply FISH KILLA!
Old 04-02-2008, 03:32 PM
HILLFINGER

If you are gonna tighten the slipper down you could always go with steel gears .
Old 04-02-2008, 04:53 PM
jrea42

i actually live about 4 miles from m2c and work at his local track and i'm going to say you broke the pin that holds the gear to the input shaft.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Gustaf4096

ORIGINAL: jrea42

i actually live about 4 miles from m2c and work at his local track and i'm going to say you broke the pin that holds the gear to the input shaft.
Whats can be done to prevent this from happening then?
Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Nighthawk z450

before jumping the gun here,, take the tranny apart and find out what actuly broke. like the other guys said set your slipper up right unless your going to upgrade to metal gears, i have all metal gears and run my slipper nearly locked with a custom (built by me) slipper setup.

like with anything,, there's always a weak link down the drivetrain, and if you beef something up, chances are your going to have to beef up more down the road, but if you set your slipper up right you'll be fine.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
jrea42

its a hollow pin and i cut a piece of small music wire and slid it in the put ca on both ends. I hasn't brocken since and i tighten my slipper all the way down with a picco 26.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
SpinOut123

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. I'd rather not put steel gears so I will do what you guys suggested.

Thanks again.