Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MAXX OR REVO?? NEWBIE CANT DECIDE,HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 PM
soulreaver_x01
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX OR REVO?? NEWBIE CANT DECIDE,HELP!

ok,im torn apart between choosing my very first nitro truck....i really like the jato 3.3 the speed is insane,but i beleive however the t-maxx or revo will be sooooooooo much more FUN!!!!!!lol..how well do both hold up??r they hard to tune??which one has better ass kickin bottom end oomph??ive seen that both can crack 45+no problem,but which is more stable in turns??im just lookin to play in the yard and chace the crap outta stray(and neighbors,lol!)cats!!any info on these beasts will b great! im really excited bout gettin one!!oh,but the jato,man that thing is insane!! thanx
Old 04-02-2008, 10:28 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: T-MAXX OR REVO?? NEWBIE CANT DECIDE,HELP!

You will not be disappointed with the Revo. Even though it costs more than T-Maxx, Revo can actually be upgraded (without spending too much) to sustain as big of hit as T-Maxx can.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately REVO all the way, like JIM said, much easier to upgrade, and the durabilitiy of the REVO is that its a VERY VERY tough truck. U name it, Ive probably done it to mine, Ive cartwheeled it more than a dozen different times in several directions, Ive jumped it; landing VERY hard, and I could go on,..... but yet, not a single part has broken yet and I have about 1 1/4 gallons on the original parts....hence the reason for the durability factor, etc.....[8D]
Old 04-02-2008, 10:41 PM
wave waker

u can add 3 mph more for stock revo[8D] from 45 mph...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17383.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	920353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57382.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	920354  
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
sloppyG

the tmaxx is 10 years old

the revo is much newer

if you think things haven't been improved in the last 10 years buy a tmaxx

if you want a good truck buy a revo
Old 04-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Oasis TR

REVO..
Old 04-02-2008, 11:22 PM
ssj2

Revo over Tmaxx, hands down.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
MAXXCHEVY

ok ive got to say the maxx is great ive had mine since they first came out and have upgraded it to suit my needs i love the truck and it can handle almost anything, but as i get better at fine tuning, i want something that will suit my future needs that is why im looking into buyin a revo. if you have the money buy a revo if not a maxx will still def meet your needs. Its a fun sport just enjoy it.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:40 AM
ENZO7
Banned

ORIGINAL: matts6887

Definately REVO all the way, like JIM said, much easier to upgrade, and the durabilitiy of the REVO is that its a VERY VERY tough truck. U name it, Ive probably done it to mine, Ive cartwheeled it more than a dozen different times in several directions, Ive jumped it; landing VERY hard, and I could go on,..... but yet, not a single part has broken yet and I have about 1 1/4 gallons on the original parts....hence the reason for the durability factor, etc.....[8D]
I do that with my T-Maxx all the time and I have not broken anything but 2 shocks... 12 bucks to fix. The T-Maxx is my first nitro, I love it, Really strong, easy to work on, LOTS OF FUN!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:26 AM
RCCanuck

the Tmaxx may be 10 yrs old....it has been improved 3 times since the first Maxx came onto the scene to revelutionize the RC industry.
The corvette is 50 years old but is still considered a super car comparable to Ferraris,Porches and Lamborghinis...Point is generally a company improves its product over time and with new model releases keeps up with the current technology all while trying to stay loyal to the original product.

I'm not saying the Revo is not a good truck...it is a great truck but give the Maxx its due...It is a fun tough nimble fast truck and I have a maxx that hangs with Revos and looks alot more realistic as far as Monster Trucks are concerned. Everyone has their own opinion it all boils down to what you want and expect out of your first nitro RC model.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:10 AM
HILLFINGER

REVO
Old 04-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

the Tmaxx may be 10 yrs old....it has been improved 3 times since the first Maxx came onto the scene to revelutionize the RC industry.
The corvette is 50 years old but is still considered a super car comparable to Ferraris,Porches and Lamborghinis...Point is generally a company improves its product over time and with new model releases keeps up with the current technology all while trying to stay loyal to the original product.

I'm not saying the Revo is not a good truck...it is a great truck but give the Maxx its due...It is a fun tough nimble fast truck and I have a maxx that hangs with Revos and looks alot more realistic as far as Monster Trucks are concerned. Everyone has their own opinion it all boils down to what you want and expect out of your first nitro RC model.
Well said [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

each new generation of corvette (we're on the 6th now) has been upgraded by doing more than changing the driveshafts and motors

the whole current suspension layout is entirely different from the early ones

the tmaxx improvements are more on line with the inprovements within a generation (like how an newer C4 was improved over the first C4)

comparing the revo to the tmaxx is like saying a C4 is as good as a C6
Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 AM
cambrian

I like my T-maxx over the Revo for the simple fact I am a big fan of the full scale monster trucks. The T-maxx is more of a true to life scale model of the 1:1 monster trucks by the design of it's suspension. I changed springs, altered the stock shock arrangement, and added front and rear sway bars to it that lowered the trucks center of gravity a little and addressed the problem with the easy roll-overs. The Revo's profile is wierd and spidery lookin', which I'm sure aids in handling, but it just does not appeal to me.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 AM
jdiamond

ORIGINAL: cambrian

I like my T-maxx over the Revo for the simple fact I am a big fan of the full scale monster trucks. The T-maxx is more of a true to life scale model of the 1:1 monster trucks by the design of it's suspension. I changed springs, altered the stock shock arrangement, and added front and rear sway bars to it that lowered the trucks center of gravity a little and addressed the problem with the easy roll-overs. The Revo's profile is wierd and spidery lookin', which I'm sure aids in handling, but it just does not appeal to me.
Yeah I agree about the Revo's profile and suspension. That was a factor for me in choosing a Maxx over a Revo. The Maxx just looks more like a true monster, while the Revo seems to be pushing more in the direction of a stadium truck profile. I don't doubt the Revo is a better racer due to it's lower profile. The new Maxx's have alot of the Revo drivetrain parts now though, so the "10 year old" argument is not really that much of an issue, IMO. I'm not sure how the durability compares between them, I can't imagine it being too much different for stock versions, though the bulkheads on the Maxx are probably more likely to break in a bad crash due to the chassis design. That could be remedied by using alloy bulkheads, skid plates and chassis supports though.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:37 AM
vote4nitro

revo
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Macanan

Thats what I did to my Maxx befor I broke it in, I add the FULL aluminum skid plate's and RPM arms with aluinum shocks, and seems to be a very tough truck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72274.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	920653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99174.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	920654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53490.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	920655  
Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Mspeed

If your looking for handling out of the box, its going to be revo no question over the T-maxx. The revo was designed with a lower center of gravity to excel in handling, while still being able to raise the suspension if you want the really high ground clearance of a monster truck.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
trancyvibe1

I would agree go for the Revo that way if you ever wanted to go brushless it would be a caakewalk to convert thats my opinion
Old 04-03-2008, 12:17 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: cambrian
The Revo's profile is wierd and spidery lookin', which I'm sure aids in handling, but it just does not appeal to me.
That's stock ride-height... which is aimed more at racing than anything... but the Revo can be jacked up...

It's all how you tune your suspension.

BTW - with it jacked all the way up, it handles like a Savage...
http://www.prographicsolutions.com/R...negadeRevo.wmv

Edit: Oh yeah... and I think a Revo would be a better choice than a T-maxx. Many T-maxx owners complain of it being weak... and the "technology" aspect of it, too...
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM
slayerphonics

Revo is far more durable then the t-maxx
Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM
cambrian

I've not had many durability issues with the Maxx except for the original Steering servo / linkage. It's cool that you can adjust the ride height on the revo, did not know that.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:58 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I think you can get more height with the LT rockers than P2's... the top pic (Revo alone w/ yellow undercarriage) has the LT rockers and springs... the bottom pic (with the LST2) has P2 rockers and LT springs... both have 70wt oil.

Here were my 2 Revos stock...

...and my Revo in "racing stance" when I raced 2DMaxLST.... I wanted the butt higher because it squats a lot... and I didn't want that too much. LOL
Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Mz

that LST is sick!
Old 04-05-2008, 01:13 PM
:-)

Another vote for the revo.

It's tougher
It's more versatile
It handles better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.