Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

wing mount bad idea for bashers

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wing mount bad idea for bashers

I baught a Jconcepts wing for my revo and I am a basher not a racer and i quickly relized this wasnt a good idea. I landed on the tail and broke it not even 20 mins into running it haha oh well. If it aint breaking it aint bashing right?
Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM
acexxxoasis
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: wing mount bad idea for bashers

actually a wing mount is a really good idea for bashing it works as a roll bar and a wheelie bar.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 PM
leroycool1

get a traxxas wing mount and a proline wing

all better
Old 04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
RC 01 KID

I hope the Tekno wing mount for is stronger because i just bought one for my maxx....Ill be dissapointed if it breaks that easily
Old 04-04-2008, 02:41 AM
snoking16

i was very pleased with my tekno wing mount....never had a problem and it held up great to hard bashing.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:37 AM
envisa

I bought a Traxxas wing mount + Traxxas Revo Exo-Carbon Wing. The very first jump I made and the wing got completely destroyed [sm=angry_smile.gif]. What a crap!
I was actually adviced in the forum that the Traxxas wing was very brittle but I was expecting it to last more than one jump.

The lesson? Listen to what the people write in the forum...

P.S: The wing mount is still doing well though [sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 04-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Beasley1

Teckno wont break unless you get some huge air and land right on it on concrete. Then it might break.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Mspeed

A wing is a good idea for bashing with a revo in my opinion. It protects the engine head and the motor mount when you land on the lid. I have destroyed a engine before in my revo from landing on the lid too many times hard. I think the best wing mount is the traxxas one, it attaches to the bumper and the bottom body post vs some of the other ones that attach right to the body posts (they tend to bend in the exhaust way to easy). If you are still running a non spring header with rear exhaust (stock motor with the traxxas header), you might want to think about going to a spring type header and relocating the exhaust hanger to the bottom right side against the frame (not on the bumper). Or you can go side pipe. I have found the Pro-line wings hold up really well.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:42 PM
snoking16

the proline 1/8th scale wing is a great one. its flexable so when you do smash on it it doesnt break just flexes. i wish RPM made a wingmount/wing combo.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:58 PM
HILLFINGER

ORIGINAL: molsen3385

I baught a Jconcepts wing for my revo and I am a basher not a racer and i quickly relized this wasnt a good idea. I landed on the tail and broke it not even 20 mins into running it haha oh well. If it aint breaking it aint bashing right?

I broke one also I sent them a email and they replaced, you have to send them your first though. Nothing new on breaking mounts I have broke a Tekno and Traxxas also.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:26 PM
bmwnla

option A. dont land on the tail

option B. buy the tekno rc wing mount and proline hi downforce wing........i have this setup and beat the hell out of it....i mostly break the thing the wing mount bolts onto
Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 AM
jgeck90

I have a Teckno wing and Teckno wing mount. I have had it for a year and it has been awesome! it is awesome for bashing because when you land upside down it prevents rocks and debris from hitting or scraping the motor head. The wing also acts as a wheelie bar as well! I love my wing.