Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-MAXX OS 18 CR-v Cant get it to start!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:57 PM
SENMERI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-MAXX OS 18 CR-v Cant get it to start!!

I just can't figure it out... I have aN OS 18 Cv-r ON a t-maxx with a roto start on it (XTM) and it just doesn't want to start... I had on factory settings 2 Turns Out from Close And even up to 5... I Even Took the Needle Out Flows Good But it just doesn't want to start... I am pretty sure that it has the right Glow Plug On it It came with the truck... But i can't see 8 anywhere... I had the big Exhaust on it shown in the picture and then i replaced it with a Smaller one that attachs to the truck... not sure man i am about to give up and take it to the hobbie shop But i wanted to see if maybe you guys might know anything about it.... I am thinking that Maybe i might need a pull cord on it.... But not sure again.... Everything is charged full... But the only thing that does happen is alittle jolt when i throw in some After Run oil in it... But just a couple of drops nothing major... But man i just can't figure it out...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Por2ugee17

Default RE: T-MAXX OS 18 CR-v

First off, make sure that the glow plug lights up...pull the plug and hook it up to the wire and crank the roto start...if it glows then your ok....if not, cheak the wire and make sure its not cut somewhere...
Old 04-03-2008, 08:40 PM
SENMERI

It's not a roto start like that... It's an XTM Roto start that all you have to do is put the drill in the socket and it turns
Old 04-03-2008, 09:40 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well for one thing I would try a new plug, and for another, another thing u can also try is open the carb barrel with the transmitter and dropa few drops of fuel, NOT AFTER RUN OIL, but FUEL!! into the throat of the carb; also u might want to put a few drops of fuel into the plug hole before putting a new plug in it; DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH IN either the carb or the plug hole or it will hydrolock(flood) the engine....see if this doesnt help ya out possibly....
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM
SENMERI

So what about if i don't have the right Glow Plug In it... It wouldn't Start???
Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 AM
125cchyperman

Default RE: T-MAXX OS 18 CR-v Cant get it to start!!

Yeah it will start, you may experience pre-detonation which isnt good. But it will still start and run though. But try a new glow plug or another battery/charge tha battery in your glow igniter and make sure that that thing is working for you.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:32 AM
SENMERI

I have tried a new glow plug i even tried a a3 os plug and a fully charged glow plug starter... But, i might just go to the hobbie shop today and see what they think because i can't figure this thing out...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe u might want to try calling O.S. and see what they have to say about this problem. Has the engine been broken in already and u are having this problem; or are just now trying to get it to run for break-in?