Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx shift problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:09 PM
sirioed_T-maxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx shift problem

I recently took my tmaxx apart and cleaned it. the truck runs excellent. The only problem is that the truck won't shift into 2nd gear. I put in a forward only conversion kit, but i don't think that would change anything in the 2 speed. I have tried to adjust the trasmission but to refuses to shift, but sounds as if it wants to.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:06 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: tmaxx shift problem

lean out your HSN a bit....the truck won't shift unless it is tuned
Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

well that isn't true about it shifting only when tuned. Mine shifted during breakin on the 5th tank as it ws supposed to based on traxxas breakin procedure. But tuning might help. Mine has the same problem. Since u said u took the tranny apart u prolly messed up the 2 speed hub accidentally. Mine stopped shifting after i had to open up the tranny to fix a broken pin. So we probably just have to mess with the shift point adjustments.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Yakueb

Make sure you have your slipper set correctly. Usually a non-shifting truck means the engine is out of tune, so check your spur and tune it up.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sirioed_T-maxx

I recently took my tmaxx apart and cleaned it. the truck runs excellent. The only problem is that the truck won't shift into 2nd gear. I put in a forward only conversion kit, but i don't think that would change anything in the 2 speed. I have tried to adjust the trasmission but to refuses to shift, but sounds as if it wants to.
Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Well if its too rich on the high speed needle; it won't shift because it wont be able to gain enough rpm's to shift when its too rich.. Try leaning it out to see if it will shift then...
Old 05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
madbrad70

Once you get the tune right, then you may have to do what I did. I I was in that same boat and it took me weeks to get it to shift rigt. Wht I eneded up doing was adjusting it so it would shft really early and then slowly turned the screw the other way untill it was where I wanted it. But not of this will work if the tune is not right.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:17 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: madbrad70

Once you get the tune right, then you may have to do what I did. I I was in that same boat and it took me weeks to get it to shift rigt. Wht I eneded up doing was adjusting it so it would shft really early and then slowly turned the screw the other way untill it was where I wanted it. But not of this will work if the tune is not right.
hey, can u tell me which screw is the shift point one, the top or bottom?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
RCCanuck

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

well that isn't true about it shifting only when tuned. Mine shifted during breakin on the 5th tank as it ws supposed to based on traxxas breakin procedure. But tuning might help. Mine has the same problem. Since u said u took the tranny apart u prolly messed up the 2 speed hub accidentally. Mine stopped shifting after i had to open up the tranny to fix a broken pin. So we probably just have to mess with the shift point adjustments.
yes it is.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 AM
gagallagher04401
My Feedback: (20)

How do you adjust the shift point on a t-maxx 2.5?