Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Would a fouled glow plug cause a nitro to not run very good?

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Would a fouled glow plug cause a nitro to not run very good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
VXL BURRITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would a fouled glow plug cause a nitro to not run very good?

I was just wondering. My car starts up fine, but could the glow plug be corroded after break-in and cause the truck to not run all that great?

Edit: I read my title, and that sounded retarded. Of course a fouled glow plug is gonna be bad. What are the symptoms of one going out or becoming bad?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Would a fouled glow plug cause a nitro to not run very good?

Well some issues that will crop up as a result of a bad or fouled glow plug can be: it not wanting to start at all, or it may start but might not stay running for very long. These are just 2 things that could be a result of a bad/fouled plug.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Mspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would a fouled glow plug cause a nitro to not run very good?

Yes a fouled plug can cause alot of problems, like poor ildle, runing too rich(low temps), wont stay running, and of course power loss. Using the wrong plug can also cause all of the same things, so make sure you are using the right plug for your motor and nitro content.