Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tuning off the ground

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 AM
JLP75766

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning off the ground

I saw a video on YouTube of a guy tuning his car with the wheels off the ground. He had the truck with the body off sitting straddling a rail. He had the transmitter in his hand revving the motor up while he tuned the HSN and then the LSN. The truck was really getting up in RPM's. My question is....is this OK or would it be detrimental to the engine revving it that high with no load on it?
Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-08-2008, 02:56 PM
ENZO7
Banned

Default RE: Tuning off the ground

I think it is really bad for the engine to do that... Where you watching the HPI vid? I found that really helpful!!
Old 04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: JLP75766

I saw a video on YouTube of a guy tuning his car with the wheels off the ground. He had the truck with the body off sitting straddling a rail. He had the transmitter in his hand revving the motor up while he tuned the HSN and then the LSN. The truck was really getting up in RPM's. My question is....is this OK or would it be detrimental to the engine revving it that high with no load on it?
Thanks,
Joe
I tune my truck all the time on the stand reving, there is nothing wrong with doing this, there is a load on the engine.

You'll find noobs can't tune on the stand, because they have to see the truck move to notice tune changes. A good tuner tunes by the sound of the engine no better way to do this then on a stand with truck not moving.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
JLP75766

Could you tell me where I can get a commercial built stand for a Revo 3.3 and a Nitro rustler or if "plans" (or suggestions about building one) are available?
Thanks,
JLP75766
Old 04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
JLP75766

Pulled a rookie and didn't do a search on the forum, sorry for taking up unneeded bandwidth. I found kind of what I was looking for but I would still appreciate it if anyone has a favorite home made plan they really like. I am looking for something that is pretty stable for use while tuning the Revo and the Rustler.
Thanks,
JLP75766
Old 04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
ENZO7
Banned

You could adapt this to a revo...[link=http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/workstand/tm-workstand.asp]Here[/link]
Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: JLP75766

Thanks,
Joe
I tune my truck all the time on the stand reving, there is nothing wrong with doing this, there is a load on the engine.

You'll find noobs can't tune on the stand, because they have to see the truck move to notice tune changes. A good tuner tunes by the sound of the engine no better way to do this then on a stand with truck not moving.

I agree, works well.
You dont just stick it on there and hold the throttle wide open and let it free rev , that will pop it in time. just bliping the throttle keeping a load is fine.