Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

traxxas 40 tooth spur gear n robinson racing 16 tooth clutch bell mesh problems

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

traxxas 40 tooth spur gear n robinson racing 16 tooth clutch bell mesh problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:55 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas 40 tooth spur gear n robinson racing 16 tooth clutch bell mesh problems

I just baught a robinson racing 16 tooth clutch bell and 40 tooth traxxas spur gear and now am having problems gettin the mesh between the 2 gears in my revo 3.3. Any suggestions on making my life easier guys?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:13 PM
exoticwood

Default RE: traxxas 40 tooth spur gear n robinson racing 16 tooth clutch bell mesh problems

Double check me on this, but I think you have to have odd/even teeth for bell/spur (i.e. - 17T/40T) Someone else chime in if I am wrong on this. Good Luck!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
revo30

Default RE: traxxas 40 tooth spur gear n robinson racing 16 tooth clutch bell mesh problems

Look to see if your spur gear is rubbing on the transmission box the little over hang because thats what was rong with mine.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 AM
RCCanuck

they will not mesh.....differant shaped teeth.....you need to run a Robinson Racing Spur as well.....
Old 04-10-2008, 02:47 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

Hmm well mine seemed to end up meshing fine so far just took a few wacks with a BFH (Big f@*cking hammer) haha jk well not realy had to use a mallet to engine to move in the mounts placed a block of wood on engine and a few lil wacks worked like a charm. I dont want to go to the metal robinson spur gear bc i wana keep the spur gear the weak link so that goes before anything in tranny does but im a newbie what do i know. So far i am not seeing a problem with them meshing but now i will check again. thanx alot guys