Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

traxxas tech line really helpful-lets hear your story

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

traxxas tech line really helpful-lets hear your story

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 08:01 PM
saubererik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas tech line really helpful-lets hear your story

i had just put a new sleeve and piston, carb seal kit, fuel tank, fuel lines, and topped it off with a new mccoy mc55 glow plug. Does not start at all, then after several calls to hobbytown i tried calling traxxas and they did the process of elimination piston and sleeve installed properly, rod also installed properly, getting fuel, muffler not plugged up, all wires in tact, then he had me take the glow plug out and ground it to the head and see if it worked it didnt, so it was the easy start starter box so they are sending me a new one with a new easy start wire harness, all free of charge. Yeah thats what im talking about freebies and hopefully it will fix the problem. has anyone else had a good experience with traxxas beside me ??? just curious i thought that was really cool that they are helping me out like that. I wanna hear your story about your experience with traxxas
Old 04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Danju

Default RE: traxxas tech line really helpful-lets hear your story

Heck yes!

traxxas is one of a kind customer service.

they gave me a free carb! my 3.3 was acting up and i couldnt tune for beans. contacted Traxxas_Tech (here on RCU) and without hesistation, sent one here.

good job traxxas keep up the work[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-29-2008, 08:28 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhh I have several stories about EXCELLENT - TOP NOTCH customer service A example of such is for whatever strange reason I have had several micro servo's go out on me, so each and every time I have called traxxas about the problem(s), talked to them, explained what was going on, and without hesitation they just said they would send me new one's...now thats what give kudo's to their customer service for for going above and beyond what a lot of other companies might not necessarily do....[8D][8D]
Old 04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Soothsayerman

Traxxas customer service rocks so hard they made Van Halen deaf.

Traxxas customer service is so good, they did my taxes this year.

Traxxas customer service is so knowledgable, they knew my problem before I called them.

Traxxas customer service is so friendly, my wife left me to move in with them.

Traxxas customer service is so good, Chuck Norris said he would never kick their asses. Ever.

Traxxas customer service is so good, Traxxas is just going to change their company name to Traxxas customer service.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Danju

LOL [sm=bananahead.gif]....even chuck norris respects traxxas [:-]
Old 04-30-2008, 02:06 AM
FISH KILLA

Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door.

Traxxas has sent me enough stuff free of charge to rebuild two engines, 4 shocks, and then a brand spankin new engine. I am sending them a christmas card this year. Maybe even a fruitcake.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:48 AM
Mspeed

I have also had some great service from Traxxas, thats one of the reasons why I would rather buy their stuff than some of these other company's. Just recently I emailed the tech support of another company about the size of throat on one of there carbs that has their name on it and they replied saying they are unable to get that info.....hmm. Customer service really tells me alot about a company.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM
saubererik

i was seriously ready to say the hell with this t-maxx anf traxxas but it seriously changed my mind
Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
iamnot

i've seen traxxas
send free parts
when it was extremely obvious
that the breakage was operator abuse

yeah
traxxas goes way beyond
what they have to do

an excelent company
and despite their undeserved rep
a quality product
Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
[email protected]

I LOVE TRAXXAS PRODUCTS BUMP THE REST
Old 04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: saubererik

i had just put a new sleeve and piston, carb seal kit, fuel tank, fuel lines, and topped it off with a new mccoy mc55 glow plug. Does not start at all, then after several calls to hobbytown i tried calling traxxas and they did the process of elimination piston and sleeve installed properly, rod also installed properly, getting fuel, muffler not plugged up, all wires in tact, then he had me take the glow plug out and ground it to the head and see if it worked it didnt, so it was the easy start starter box so they are sending me a new one with a new easy start wire harness, all free of charge. Yeah thats what im talking about freebies and hopefully it will fix the problem. has anyone else had a good experience with traxxas beside me ??? just curious i thought that was really cool that they are helping me out like that. I wanna hear your story about your experience with traxxas
The best customer service is the one you don't need to use, unfortunatly traxxas needs alot of reps,
Old 04-30-2008, 01:26 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: saubererik

The best customer service is the one you don't need to use, unfortunatly traxxas needs alot of reps,

I dunno where u are getting that idea from, but I have had all my calls that I have ever had to make to them answered in a timely fashion and all problems or other matters have been addressed quite promptly as well....
Old 04-30-2008, 02:02 PM
pred192

Ive called many companies because of problems (mainly dell [:@] ) and i have to say traxxas is the best (i hate dell customer service) my engine was bad from start but since it was my first nitro i didnt know, i called them several times and they helped me through all the steps (i broke the carb body in the process and they sent me a new one with no questions) finally they said to send the engine in so i sent it in (to Traxxas UK) and dispite being a small office (5 people work there i think) they found the piston/liner was bad so they replaced the piston/liner and added the 2.5R cooling head for free (i had the original 2.5)they are the best customer support
Old 04-30-2008, 02:59 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: pred192

Ive called many companies because of problems (mainly dell [:@] ) and i have to say traxxas is the best (i hate dell customer service) my engine was bad from start but since it was my first nitro i didnt know, i called them several times and they helped me through all the steps (i broke the carb body in the process and they sent me a new one with no questions) finally they said to send the engine in so i sent it in (to Traxxas UK) and dispite being a small office (5 people work there i think) they found the piston/liner was bad so they replaced the piston/liner and added the 2.5R cooling head for free (i had the original 2.5)they are the best customer support
See what traxxas figures is, if they make an engine that cost them about 2 bucks to manufacture, and hope that 30% of them work, then market towards new people so they won't know quality from crap. And then replace there 2 dollar engine when they fail.. they look like heros!

The best customer service i've ever had in RC is the ones I never had to use.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
[email protected]

well dang mr. negative
i like traxxas never had problems with the engines unless it was my fualt..
and about half of all the noobs fry there first engine anyways and thats isn't traxxas fault but they replace those w/ no questions asked so that there customers will be satisfied and continue to return.

DUH[)]
Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: pred192

See what traxxas figures is, if they make an engine that cost them about 2 bucks to manufacture, and hope that 30% of them work, then market towards new people so they won't know quality from crap. And then replace there 2 dollar engine when they fail.. they look like heros!

The best customer service i've ever had in RC is the ones I never had to use.

He is an ass just like iamnot. He must not know anything about traxxas. Go read the last post on heli guy getting into nitro[>:]
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
JB COMP

Traxxas has good service, but they are not "high end" engines like the 18TM, RB323, RB 523, Sirio 23, or the 18TZ

I'll half agree with slayer on what he said, but I think they pay more then $2 for the engines but its probably around $50

Traxxas engines are good when you get a good one (they're even better when modded)
Old 04-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Mspeed

Increasing a company's level of customer service should ultimately increase their business. It may not show right away, but in the long run either the other company's will be forced to increase their level of service or be bought out by the company that is winning over all the business due to their higher standards in service. Customer service is so much more than just giving out parts that are defective or providing help over the phone, its about satisfiying and providing their target customers what they want. Giving Local hobby shops the tools they need to keep alot of their parts in stock and making sure parts are ez to get all over, constantly updating their products, producing new inovative technology that is superior to their competitors, listening to their customers and producing what they will buy and standing behind their products if they fail are all related to customer service. If traxxa's target customers are only the first time nitro/electric guys and it provides great business then why not market that direction however, I think they are after alot more than just the first timer guys. There will always be people who refuse to accept a growing company for many personal reasons however, as long as the company retains its great customer service, it will have a much greater chance of putting everyone else out of business. They become a bigger and bigger threat as they grow.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:45 PM
slayerphonics

Racemax,

Don't take my opinion about traxxas so personal.

I've owned 4 traxxas trucks, all with premature engine failures,(all engines fail at some point) and major broken parts. I got tired of it and tried diffrent brands and found out that I don't need to spend 100 to 200 bucks every week fixing the truck or replacing engines. I have many friends that have owned traxxas same problems, I know about 20 people that raced traxxas(they no longer race traxxas). The biggest complaints

#1: Engine failure
#2: Broken parts
#3: Very diffcult to work on.

I liked my Revo, I had a great time bashing it. But only after I replaced the engine and put about 1000.00 dollars in upgrades.

The problem I see with many owners of whatever product is that, once you buy the product it becomes an extension of yourself. So when someone says something bad about it, its a personal attack on yourself and people have a hard time admiting the downfall of the product they bought.

So going around saying traxxas makes the best RC product and have the best customer service isn't true. The fact is Traxxas has major issues with there motors that they need to correct.

Its great they have good customer service and replace hundreds of engines. Wouldn't it be better if you never had to make a warranty claim?

Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
racemaxx24

Racemax,

Don't take my opinion about traxxas so personal.

I've owned 4 traxxas trucks, all with premature engine failures,(all engines fail at some point) and major broken parts. I got tired of it and tried diffrent brands and found out that I don't need to spend 100 to 200 bucks every week fixing or replacing engines. I have many friends that have owned traxxas same problems, I know about 20 people that raced traxxas(they no longer race traxxas). The biggest complaints

#1: Engine failure
#2: Broken parts
#3: Very diffcult to work on.

I liked my Revo, I had a great time bashing it. But only after I replaced the engine and put about 1000.00 dollars in upgrades.

The problem I see with many owners of whatever product is that, once you buy the product it becomes and extension of yourself. So when someone says something bad about it, its a personal attack on yourself and people have a hard time admiting the downfall of the product they bought.

So going around saying traxxas makes the best RC product and have the best customer service isn't true. The fact is Traxxas has major issues with there motors that they need to correct.

Its great they have good customer service and replace hundreds of engines. Wouldn't it be better if you never had to make a warranty claim?

I'm not saying they are the best but they are pretty damn good for the price
Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Mspeed

Slayer, how many gallons you get out of your Losi truggy motor, before it dies? Just wondering.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:00 PM
NStampede Freak

slayerphonics: What is your problem dude? You bash traxxas at every place you can. Why don't you take your butt over to the losi or HPI form if you don't like traxxas. Your comments are not welcome here because this it a traxxas fourm. Everything you say is either 1. wrong beccause you just like making up comments to bash Traxxas 2. blown way out of porportion.

MY TRX engines run just fine for the price. No, they are not best, but are pretty good for a RTR engine. Why people bash them I dunno. I truly believe that people will bash TRX just for the sake of it.[:@]

BTW, this post is also aimed at anybody who likes to trash talk traxxas for a hobby.[&o]

Edited because I misunderstood iamnot's post.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
racemaxx24

ORIGINAL: NStampede Freak

: What is your problem dude? You bash traxxas at every place you can. Why don't you take your butt over to the losi or HPI form if you don't like traxxas. Your comments are not welcome here because this it a traxxas fourm. Everything you say is either 1. wrong beccause you just like making up comments to bash Traxxas 2. blown way out of porportion.

MY TRX engines run just fine for the price. No, they are not best, but are pretty good for a RTR engine. Why people bash them I dunno. I truly believe that people will bash TRX just for the sake of it.[:@]

BTW, this post is also aimed at iamnot and anybody who likes to trash talk traxxas for a hobby.[&o]
I am backing u 100%. I ran iamnot out of the traxxas forums.[I think] and I am tired of slayerphonics
Old 04-30-2008, 06:12 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

: What is your problem dude? You bash traxxas at every place you can. Why don't you take your butt over to the losi or HPI form if you don't like traxxas. Your comments are not welcome here because this it a traxxas fourm. Everything you say is either 1. wrong beccause you just like making up comments to bash Traxxas 2. blown way out of porportion.

BTW, this post is also aimed at iamnot and anybody who likes to trash talk traxxas for a hobby.[&o]
I am backing u 100%. I ran iamnot out of the traxxas forums.[I think] and I am tired of slayerphonics
I am backing u guys also!! I am starting to get pretty tired and old of the traxxas bashing myself. I feel that when they are bashing traxxas products, that they are also bashing me and the "lifestsyle" I choose to have and the type of hobby I am in I feel is also being bashed, which to me is rediculous and also very uncalled for[:@]
Old 04-30-2008, 06:29 PM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: racemaxx24

hey race
you are one arrogant, ignorant, foul mouthed moron and couldn't run a cat out of a dog fight.

did any of you people who are so willing to jump on the hater band wagon even read my post in this thread????

i challenge any one of you to find a single place where i bash traxxas

in other words
put up or shut up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.