Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Mods please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:25 AM
RCCanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods please read

I think its about time this forum got some stickies going to alleviate some of the repetitive threads.....If I see one more thread on an overheating TRX engine I may have to pull out my old postal uniform LOL....
We need a good engine tuning guide stuck right to the top of this forum...Can this be done?
Also I think a sticky for all the new people to read that will answer alot of the repetitive questions that pop up all the time.
Since we can't get newbies to use the search function instead of posting a whole new thread I think this may help.

Anybody with me on this?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:35 AM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mods please read

Yea I'm with you on the sticky idea. We made a thread for all the newbie's a while back. Something like that should be a stickie.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Xtfreak

Isn't there already one? I thought I saw one one here somewhere.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:31 AM
matts6887

For sure, I am definately with ya on this one. I am kinda tired of it myself. When u see the same thread(s) over and over and over; it really starts to get old after awhile..
Old 05-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Clymer122693

I dont blame the noobs but yes we do need a sticky thread for tuning.

Xtrfreak-If we had a sticky thread it would stay permantely (sp?) at the top of the forum.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Mspeed

I agree, its getting old to come in and see my engine will not start or it runs too hot etc. And after you post something insightful, you find out they still havent even learned how to tune a engine. So now its all about them just reading up on tuning, not a real difficult out of the ordinary problem at all. I spent my first couple years just reading on forums and experimenting till I started even posting, I am not saying you shouldnt post, just for me I knew I had much to learn in my early years. I am sure most of the veterians just ignore the basic questions and only chime in when something challenging thats not so obvious comes up. I find in the traxxas forums are in need of some stickys especially. Seems alot of the new guys just starting out in the hobby begin with traxxas stuff.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:25 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: Clymer122693

Xtrfreak-If we had a sticky thread it would stay permantely (sp?) at the top of the forum.
Yes, that is where I do believe a "sticky" would be posted; right at the top of the particular forum that the particular topic on hand is associated with...
Old 05-25-2008, 02:06 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sticky sticker stuck on the forums
Old 05-25-2008, 02:27 PM
RCCanuck

say that 5 times fast after 4 canadian beers 8 american beers...LOL
Old 05-25-2008, 04:38 PM
jaketrouble

i'm with ya guys too and i am a newbie and i have posted 2 questions that were related to a simular problem within two days.. but if you make a bunch of stickies then you are going to come here everyday and see no new post. if you think about it in one way or another every single post is repeitve. its just that it is worded different. what kind of tires,,what kind of fuel,, what parts should i get,,running too hot,,not running hot enough,, how to do this,,how do to that,, what if this,,what if that..

these post are by newbies and vets alike.. but yea a couple sticky post would be a good idea but where do you stop?/ just my 2 pennys fellows.. i personally dont mind seeing the same question ask by newbies over and over.. i like to help out as much as i can. when i was into heli's i use to have saved in my documents a sticky so to speak.. then when ever a new guy would ask the ,,i am new question i would send him that stciky i had saved..

when i was new to heli's i was helped out by a lot of cool people so i remember what it is like to be new.. and now i am learning all over on these trucks,, WHICH I LOVE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 MORE TIMES THEN HELI'S.. jake
Old 05-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Mspeed

LOL, jake did you get to drive it again already hah, sounds like it. Your excited again[8D]
Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
iamnot

personally
i don't care
one way or the other
if the mods make stickies

i don't think stickies work anyway
all they do is give the righteous
the ability to say
"read the stickey"
Old 05-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Mspeed

Bet you already got more drive time out of your revo than all your heli's flight time added up?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:05 PM
RCCanuck

well if the sticky is read then there is no need for a new thread about what is in the sticky.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Soothsayerman

They won't do it. I posted this suggestion in the suggestions forum and they said they don't like stickies.

I then suggested an "information hub" section on the forums where all the FAQ's were stickied. They said that sounded like to good of an idea and said I was trying to take over the world and I better stfu or I would get whacked.

So.... what can you do....[&o]
Old 05-25-2008, 05:29 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: Soothsayerman

So.... what can you do....[&o]
Unfortunately, in situations like these, there isn't too much u can do really....I guess it must just be one of those "things" that for whatever reason they don't like...
Old 05-25-2008, 05:41 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The mods dont like stickies cause they are sticky and make a mess... First you have to take a paper towel (must be bounty!) and dip in lukeworm water (must be Poland Spring!) so that there is just a little bit of water (not too much! no drippies!) and then you can wipe the sticky up. Then you can take a dry paper towel (must be bounty!) and wipe the non-sticky but wet mess up. Then you can take the non-sticky wiped up mess to the garbage can (to the kitchen one!) and throw out your mess. It is because of this ardurous and long process that the mods dont like stickies and their sticky messes stuck to the floor

I
Think
That
Should
Clear
That
Up

Did I just type like iamnot?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:46 PM
iamnot

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

I
Think
That
Should
Clear
That
Up

Did I just type like iamnot?

flattery
will get you
nowhere
Old 05-25-2008, 05:48 PM
jaketrouble

mspeed,, i took it out today for 3 tanks.. when i ran it in my backyard i would bring it up to me for a temp check i noticed it would idle ruff.. that was on my sixth tank right after break in. the guys said i needed to tune the engine. i didnt know that but then i read the manual too.. so i took it up to that construction site and ran 3 tanks.. now when i come if for temp checks it idles pretty good.. maybe a little too fast.

i messed with the adjustments but really didnt do much. i watched the video again too.. it runs pretty freaking fast.. i know it has more power then what i was giving it but i was afraid to go any faster.. the steering is right on.. this thing scares me but i know it is built tuff. i have had more fun with this in the couple days i drove it then in all the 9-10 months i ever had on any of my heli's.

i know compared to most of you guys my bashing would be a joke.. but as hard [in my head] as i am running this i can tell it has a lot more power and is very tuff.. cant wait to get my tmaxx maybe next week it will be in.. i almost have 1/2 a gallon through it.. about 8 or 9 tanks..

mspeed,,, we ARE going to have to get together this week.. i am ready for my first rookie race with you.. :} jake.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 PM
Mspeed

Sounds good, I will have my jato rdy to go as soon as the mail man comes, hopefully Monday. My revo will take a little bit to get it all set up, but only a extra day at most. Next time I am down there, If you want, I can give you some pointers on how to tune your motor. At some point I would recomend you learn how to tune these nitro motors. Best to learn off one motor at a time, then your second one will be better off.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:26 PM
jaketrouble

mail doesnt go tomorrow.. memorial day:} and tuesday and thursday i have pt.. so you should have your part tuesday.. so how about you wana come down on wends?? about 11am?? i am going up to the gas station at 9am to get my truck inspected.. the past 3 times i been up there it was way too busy.. over 10 cars in line.. i will be there when they open on wends and after that i am ready to bash.. how bout you?? ron.

p.s. and yea i would like for you to show me a few things.. i need to learn this stuff so i dont have to bug you all the time for help. but we can always bash together.. and my cousin can come along using one of my trucks.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Mspeed

Didnt think about Monday being a holiday, ok Wednesday at 11:00. Hope your truck passes inspection. I have seen some bad things happen at inspection stations.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Soppy

There needs to be just a basic newbie guide under one thread stuck at the top of the forums, that way it isn't crowded and we still share the info
Old 05-25-2008, 08:02 PM
JB COMP

Out of all 22 (well 23) post there is not one from a mod.

There was a thread about why the mods don't sticky lot of threads.

Maybe ya'll should look around and see why they don't sticky alot of threads instead of saying they should sticky this and that thread.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:22 PM
jaketrouble

like someone said earlier,, stickys or no stickys they are going to ask the questions anyway and there will always be someone here to help. i guess that is why i joined this forum instead of any other and why so many others join it too.

there is just so much info here with all the members knowledge and 99.99999999% of the guys here are real good guys that doesn't mind or actually likes helping out newbies as well as the vets. so i say just leave it alone and bash your trucks:}:}

so far i am loving this revo.. i have about 8 tanks through it and it seems to be picking up more and more power.. had a lot od roll overs and smacking into stuff and have yet to break anything. if this was my heli i would have put over 75 bucks in parts in it. i cant believe how well these revo's are made.. best hobby i have ever been in.. sure wish i would have done this years ago..jake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.