Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

"New" Revo 3.3 on Traxxas website

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:17 AM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "New" Revo 3.3 on Traxxas website

ajb1205, read sloppyg's post.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
JLRevo

That stinks just got mine in May. After 100's of dollars making it a Platnium this what the due to us. Mine is for sale $425 stock with 3.3
Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
snoking16

im tired of them just trying to make the same truck better. its been a long time since they introduced an all new nitro. i think its time.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:18 PM
pieky22

tower now has the new one for 489.99
Old 06-23-2008, 08:27 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: ajb1205

The Tower price must be a mistake or something. A Main has both the old and the new 3.3 listed at $499.99...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25768

and

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6410

That seems like a great price.
well ya they have to get rid of the old ones somehow
Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't say that I am tired of them making small, miniscule upgrades to the revo 3.3(or even the "new" 3.3 tmaxx for that matter) rather than just coming out with a entire new version(and no I'm not talking about the PE version). Personally I think yes, it is good for their bottom line so to speak, but then again, I also do kinda tire of it because sometimes I wish they would just come out with a totally new version and just leave it that way for awhile....but once again this just me
Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Backyard Racer

Here Are The New Revo 3.3 New Features
-17mm aluminum splined wheel hubs and nuts
-Large capacity 150cc fuel tank
-Single digital high-torque ball bearing servo
-Hard-anodized Teflon® coated GTR shocks with TiN shock shafts
-New 17mm hex Split-Spoke mirror-chrome wheels with pre-glued on 3.8" Talon Tires
-New steel retainer rings
-Oversized wheel bearings & reinforced axle carriers
-Compact RX box accepts 4 AA alkaline batteries or a 5-cell flat rechargeable RX pack (sold separately)
-Integrated personal transponder mount
-High flow dual-stage air filter
-Polished Resonator™ dual chamber tuned pipe
-Two-speed forward only transmission
-New body graphics

~Mazooks~
Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 AM
systemlord

Traxxas really needs to come out with a 1/8th scale truggy, it would cost a lot though if they do it right.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
The Hedgehog

The Revo is still winning, so why would they release a new truck? Good for them updating it, I am looking for one and was happy to see it as I said before. And then you guys can buy the upgrades on this model for your's so its a win win.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:19 AM
boosst

Both of my brothers and I got our revo on ebay new for $296ea shipped. It took about 2 weeks to get here but worth it. Just keep looking. On ebay until you find a good deal.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 PM
firestone1121

sorry dudes.....i cant hold it in anymore- have to be frank about the new revo.... i went out of my way to get the "old" 3.3 Model 5309 today just because of the newly released revo. Tower even discontinued sellin 5309 Revo. No reverse? No onboard battery? Is this truck being advertised as RTR?? I really hope not. This is my second revo, I have NEVER beat a MT harder. Dont get me wrong guys why would i have 2 Revos if i didnt love Traxxas, but u know wat? Wake up! Its a gimmick! Ok- New Body graphics, well- given the body lasts 20-30 tanks or less depending on how its driven, i can do away without the NEW graphics. Forward-only 2 speed??? This is an upgrade?? I had my Revos in quite a few pickles where revere saved my butt, or made life easier when it got stuck from a distance. Tuned pipe upgrade- well- really, if i wanted a tuned pipe id buy one, given the fact i have one on one of my revos it aint all that much increase in performance. Oversized wheel bearings & reinforced axle carriers?? I didnt knew they were that critically weak. i think thats the only part that CANT break on a revo. lol On the flipside, however I DO like high torque servo, I DO like the larger fuel tank, but to be honest its not critically necessary either. I can get a 20 minute tank. and i also like the dual stage hi flow air filter. With that said, i hate to be the village idiot and whine like a baby but cmon folks, this crap aint necessary. They took more expensive parts out (opti drive) and the entire reverse gears- i must say im not sold. Yes, im a basher and have MUCH respect for those who use the revo on the track(which i think thats what traxxas geared this model for) and for those who actually compete. But the numbers dont add up. given the basher-to-race track drver ratio, There will be lots of newbies out there getting this model and thinkin its a pile of garbage. Theyd say the SAME THING. More ppl buy this truck to bash than to race IMHO. Yes there are pros and cons and yes the price came down, but to what expense?? Ill bet the economy is hurtin traxxas and they"upgraded" and used flashy words to make you feel you got a bargain, but in reality they took parts out and called it an upgrade. I dont think ill ever buy anything other than traxxas now or ever either way, just dont like the way corporate crap like this fools ppl. For the 100% newbie, yea i think he or she will be disapointed because the truck truly is not RTR, more ARR i would say. Sorry. Didnt want to piss anyone off, thats just how i feel. Ever hear the expression "they just dont make em the way they used to?" Well- maybe thats what this is. Less for more......... Cory