Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Which Spur Gear for 2.5 Revo going to 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 AM
beachbrada
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Spur Gear for 2.5 Revo going to 3.3

I am going to be putting a 3.3 in my now 2.5 Revo and Ive heard that with the stock spur gear in the tranny the Revo is going to want to pull wheelies all day. So Im just wondering what size spur gear do I have in it now and whats a good size that I should go to so that it won't wheelie too much. I think that its cool if it can wheelie but I dont want it to always lift up everytime I get on the throttle. So whats a good happy medium spur gear? Also how hard is it to change out the spur gear?
Old 07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Spur Gear for 2.5 Revo going to 3.3

Your not going to have to change the gearing. I can't remember if the 2.5 has the same gearing as the 3.3(spur/clutch) but if there is a diffrence its not going to be that much. With the 3.3 in there your probably going to wheelie a lot but not a rediculouse amount. The stock gearing is right around a happy medium. I think its 15 teeth on the clutch bell and 38 on the spur gear for the stock 2.5 revo.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM
FISH KILLA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Spur Gear for 2.5 Revo going to 3.3

adjust your slipper to compensate if you need to. NITROVENOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!