Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

CVD's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:59 PM
sirkillalot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVD's

I keep breaking CVD's in my 2.5. I called the guy at the hobby shop and he says that my clutch is probably too tight causing it to shock the drivetrain. In the mean time, what are the best CVD's to get? I've already spent $80 on THS one's that I used for maybe a week and now they're all junk. I want some that I know will last me a little while. I've been hearing that MIP makes good one's. What about these on Ebay?

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190237162128]Ebay CVD's[/link]

Is anyone running something similar? What do you guys think? I've heard that the TRAXXAS one's are good, but I understand that they don't make them for the 2.5's.

Thanks for your input in advance.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:09 AM
jhendrickson
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: CVD's

From what I have read MIP's are bullet proof. Plus they are rebuildable.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 AM
madbrad70

MIP are the best but I would focus on finding the problem first. That way you dont waste any more money than needed? A 2.5 motor should not be breacking any CVD's. Or do you have a different motor?
Old 07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
sirkillalot

I was thinking the same thing. I just have the stock 2.5.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
magnum12

ORIGINAL: sirkillalot

I keep breaking CVD's in my 2.5. I called the guy at the hobby shop and he says that my clutch is probably too tight causing it to shock the drivetrain. In the mean time, what are the best CVD's to get? I've already spent $80 on THS one's that I used for maybe a week and now they're all junk. I want some that I know will last me a little while. I've been hearing that MIP makes good one's. What about these on Ebay?

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190237162128]Ebay CVD's[/link]

Is anyone running something similar? What do you guys think? I've heard that the TRAXXAS one's are good, but I understand that they don't make them for the 2.5's.

Thanks for your input in advance.
i run those on my maxx with a o.s. 18 tm and they are great i kept breaking the cvd drive cups on the axles and shafts bought the ones from goodsgood and never looked back.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
sirkillalot

They do look really sturdy. I wouldn't mind spending the money on them as long as I knew that it would be the last set of driveshafts I would ever have to buy.