Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Traxxas Slayer
10.00%
Traxxas Revo 3.3
70.00%
Ofna DM-1
20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

I might buy another Traxxas or Ofna.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 02:17 AM
YOUNG GZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I might buy another Traxxas or Ofna.

Want a new nice car or truck.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:31 AM
systemlord

Default RE: I might buy another Traxxas or Ofna.

ORIGINAL: YOUNG GZ

Want a new nice car or truck.
The Revo is by far the most high tech monster truck out there, from its one of a kind suspension to its vast number of hop-up parts! I want a Revo badly, but my Supermaxx was very expensive and is a long term truck/investment! You can't go wrong with a Revo!
Old 08-09-2008, 01:01 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck yea!!! Go for the revo 3.3 all the way man!!! One of the if not thee top-notch mt out there on the market by far that is backed by excellent top notch support....
Old 08-09-2008, 01:32 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

I would get the slayer. Except for the body it is a revo.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
rcnitrohead

It looks like you really like Formula 1 insipred suspension from your list. I'd say get the DM-1, you already have a T-maxx and the DM is a really nice/quick car...

Tom.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
supertib

DM-1 is a way higher quality product then the Revo.... you will spend much less time wrenching and more time running with a DM-1...Revo's on the other hand require huge amounts of wrenching and upgrades to be usable....... my advice is stay away from any RTR RC.....with the exception of the Losi 8T if a RC product comes with a radio and motor its best to not buy it..the radio and motor will be junk in no time.... better to buy a Pro kit and buy a quality motor and radio..........instead of a Revo why not a Losi 8T ?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:02 PM
rcnitrohead

I agree, the DM-1 is really a PRO kit, all the parts look amazing. I just wish I could drop my $$$ on one now[:@].

Tom.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:17 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

I agree, the DM-1 is really a PRO kit, all the parts look amazing. I just wish I could drop my $$$ on one now[:@].

Tom.

Since I started running Pro kits I have been really enjoying RC...I find I spend much more time running and far less time wrenching..... I liked my Revo's and all, but the constant upgrades and wrenching got very tiresome and started taking enjoyment out of he hobby.........since I started running Pro-kits the only things I need are glowplugs and fuel, and the odd clutch... even tho I run a Mugen MBX5T with all top of the line gear I still spent overall less money then the year I ran a Revo.... the Revo was cheaper to buy initially, but it didn't take long for the cost to go thru the roof.....Pro kits cost more but they end up being a cheaper way to enjoy the hobby when you look at the big picture...............
Old 08-10-2008, 05:30 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

Tom.

Since I started running Pro kits I have been really enjoying RC...I find I spend much more time running and far less time wrenching..... I liked my Revo's and all, but the constant upgrades and wrenching got very tiresome and started taking enjoyment out of he hobby.........since I started running Pro-kits the only things I need are glowplugs and fuel, and the odd clutch... even tho I run a Mugen MBX5T with all top of the line gear I still spent overall less money then the year I ran a Revo.... the Revo was cheaper to buy initially, but it didn't take long for the cost to go thru the roof.....Pro kits cost more but they end up being a cheaper way to enjoy the hobby when you look at the big picture...............
You don't have to spend a fortune on a Revo to have fun, when you buy a Pro Kits you lose the ability to customize. Thats half the fun right there, theres the Revo Platinum Edition...
Old 08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
rcnitrohead

^^ lol you don't know supertib then, he needs the best gear on his toys.

Also, its really depends on personal preference, I personally like both RTR and Pro models. They serve different purposes most of the time, but you know that a kit will always be higher quality than an RTR...

Tom.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:19 AM
systemlord

Traxxas needs to stop including those cheap plastic driveshafts and include some stiffer alloy better quality drivetrain parts. You would never see that on an 1/8 scale buggy even if it were not for racing.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: systemlord

Traxxas needs to stop including those cheap plastic driveshafts and include some stiffer alloy better quality drivetrain parts. You would never see that on an 1/8 scale buggy even if it were not for racing.

what's wrong with them being plastic as long as they're suitably built for the application?

on a MT, it's not a real racer, and the driveshafts having a larger diameter shouldn't make too much of a difference in terms of CG. Being larger diameter will add rotational inertia and make things slower to spool up, but plastic is lighter than metal as well, so that negates some of that effect.

doesn't seem like people are braking 3.3 driveshafts from what I've seen

some people just think that since they're plastic they must be junk, even if they work just fine.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:03 AM
rcnitrohead

I agree with Sloppy, the older driveshafts turned to butter with any more power than stock, looks like Traxxas did their homework with the Revo spec ones, havents seen too many complaints about them. If it works, keep it[8D].

Granted, as stated you would NEVER see that on a kit, it would be blasphemy[&:].

Tom.