Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Throttle Servo Installation gone wrong, help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:49 AM
Kaptain Chaos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Servo Installation gone wrong, help

My stock throttle servo on my Revo 3.3 had started getting twitchy and weak so I purchased a Hi torque Blue traxxas servo not the digital one just the regular one and I am wondering what the proper procedure is for installing this thing, what I have done seems to make my car stall when the brake is applied.

The way I installed it was after removing the old servo I screwed in the new one plugged it in to the reciever (I have no optidrive installed)
after that I had turned on power to the controller and the car, and placed the servo horn on as best as I could remember how the old one came of like in the same position, but the car was hard to start and and when it did run I had the throttle trim full and had to prime it a bit with the throttle itself and twisted the idle screw down abit. It started and I ran it down the street about 20 feet turned around and it stalled after I got it going again it seemed to choke out & stall every time I applied the brake so I tried placing the servo horn a notch back and it runs abit better but still stalls so I know I for sure did it all totally Chaos style but now I need some advice

Thanks
Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 AM
newgst

Default RE: Throttle Servo Installation gone wrong, help

i would check to make sure that when you hit the brakes your carb doesn't continue to close. you might want to re set your idle and low speed needle if this isn't the case
Old 08-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Kaptain Chaos

Chaosengine had taken my motor off and did not tighten the horn for the throttle servo I tightened it and fiddled with the iddle needle and she purrs like a kitten
Old 09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
JLRevo

Adjust the collar to the throotle linkage. This happens all the time when I take my servo horn off the servo. Let me guess your brakes are too tight also. You can readjusted the servo horn to the correct postion or if you lazy like me !. Turn on receiver then radio. 2Then adjust the collar thats on the throttle linkage(1.5mm set screw) so its just butted up next to the servo horn. YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO APPLY THE BRAKE WITH OUT THE THROTTLE linkage binding up in the collar causing it to pull the carb closed. Before you do anything, turn the truck on hit the brakes. You'll see the linkages get caught in the collar causing the carb to be pulled closed. I can give good directions, so I hope I didn't confuse you. LOl