Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Frustrating day out

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Grubergieger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrating day out

ever have a day where nothing goes right? it was nice all day and i just finished putting everything back together so i figured why not go out and see how everything is running. my T-maxx 3.3 bogs out at full throttle my t-max 2.5r will not run without the glue plug warmer on it and stalls after half throtle and has trouble starting all day, and my rc10gt's throttle linkage fell apart![:@] talk about haveing a bad day out. no matter what i did to any of the needles i couldnt get the 2.5 to run its really getting me mad, the last time i had it out it wouldnt runn right eighter , but the time before that it was perfect, i dont get it[&:][&o]
Old 08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
GreenRacer
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Frustrating day out

Ouch, that'll put a damper on your day.

Bogged at full throttle? Sounds like it might be way too rich. This can also mess up your glow plug and flood the engine (won't start!) New glowplug time for your 2.5r and make sure the igniter is charged well. For the 3.3, move the HSN needle in very slight increments and do a few high speed runs to properly gauge the tune. See if that works for you. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-30-2008, 11:45 PM
dirtpile

And if leaning it out doesn't help, try a new glow plug in that one too. It's not common but sometimes a glowplug will cause that. It seems to be the extra airflow cooling it, or something to that effect.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dirtpile

And if leaning it out doesn't help, try a new glow plug in that one too. It's not common but sometimes a glowplug will cause that. It seems to be the extra airflow cooling it, or something to that effect.
And to add to this; a lot of times people will overlook the glow plug as being a possible problem area, when in fact its quite possible that the plug is the problem; because a plug that is going bad can and sometimes will exhibit these behaviors such as the ones u have mentioned....