Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx 3.3 won't shift into reverse or second

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Tmaxxster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx 3.3 won't shift into reverse or second

I have a Tmaxx 3.3 and will not shift into second or reverse. I pressed the reverse button and it revd really high. After when i went to put into forward i had to push the truck forward before it started to move again. and as for second i dont know what is on the go with that. Any help would be good. Thanks
Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM
dirtpile

Default RE: Tmaxx 3.3 won't shift into reverse or second

As for why it won't shift into reverse first thing to try there is lower the idle. It shouldn't take much adjustment. Traxxas truck have always been picky about shifting into reverse when the idle was too high. If that doesn't help check the linkage on the shift servo. Mainly check if there seems to be more arm travel when shifting into forward than reverse.

As for second gear, the 3.3 trucks have enough power to make the shift all but invisible. So you may just not be hearing it. Does the truck get up to about 40 mph in a open area? Or does it top out at about 20 mph with the engine really screaming?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Tmaxxster

It seems like it gets up around 30 or so and then it starts to rev high and it starts like bucking. I fooled around with the needles. Its good on the bottom end but the top end isnt no good. I still cant get it to pull a wheelie though. I took apart the transmission and replaced a worn gear for reverse. Im going to try it now to see if the revers is working but as for the second gear i still dont know. I definatly cant hear it change at all
Old 09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well one thing to check is, make sure the high speed needle is not set too rich because being too rich will prevent the engine/trans from gaining enough rpms to shift to 2nd gear. As for reverse, check the forward/reverse shaft to see if it its "sticking" in between forward and reverse; if it is, its possible that there is something messed up with one of the gears inside the trans....