Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New OS new Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New OS new Clutch?

I have my new OS .21 for the Revo. Is there a must have clutch I should install since I'm going to be in there anyway instead of the stock Traxxas clutch? Need to know what everyone thinks so I can get going on this swap. Also I have a THS pipe I was using on the 3.3 so is this a good choice for the OS? If not throw me some options please.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:22 PM
ridikt

Default RE: New OS new Clutch?

first of all the .21tm (im assuming its a tm) and ths pipe is a sick combo, mine works great, and as far as the clutch goes, i upgraded from a .15 and used that clutch on the 2.5r i got. then put the same clutch on the os .18tm. and now im still running the same clutch on my .21tm with still no problems. as far as the clutch goes, i think its just all opinion. now i dont race any at all, the closest track for me is an hour away so for racing a different clutch might be worth it.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:54 PM
sb13

The OS is the TM, I don't race and the THS pipe I love. How did you mount the pipe to the header since it takes those 3 springs to hold them together? Maybe I can answer my own question and you tell me if I'm correct. The THS header fits the OS motor so you use the same THS set up as I did on my stock Revo 3.3? I just did'nt want to put it all together and then find out there was a better clutch for general use that I should have installed since I was in there anyway. Thanks for your response. It seems to be a subject that people don't have an opinion on or maybe just a slow night for replys.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:25 PM
TMaxxDriver

i just replied to you in another post, but i mentioned searching for one of the 3 shoe clutches... they have more 'bite' than a stock clutch, and that might be a good idea for ya, since you are upgrading your motor, why not upgrade the clutch also... they are fairly inexpensive, and since you are going to be in there anyway.. just do it... good luck!!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:49 PM
sb13

Thanks, thats the way I saw it too but was'nt sure.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 AM
newgst

I would suggest using the stock flywheel with a MIP clutch kit. the clutch shoes and spring are off higher quality then the stock ones. also the shoes have adjustable mounting position depending on if you want them to engage high or low etc. Besides MIP sells the kit pretty cheap and most lhs have it. plus they sell the spring separately!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:26 AM
sb13

Thanks newgst.