Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

new revo

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
mopower2ya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new revo

just got my first nitro rc. it's a used revo 2.5. They guy i bought it from said the reverse has been removed (but he gave me the module) and he took off the front driveshafts to make it rear-wheel drive (said it handles better that way). its pretty dirty right now so i'm cleaning it up with some simple green to get ready to run it tommorrow. one quick question. He gave me a fail-safe that he had but where do i install it? I'm guessing it goes between the reciever and the switch. Is that correct? Any tips anybody can give me would be great too. thanx everyone!!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Default RE: new revo

My tip would be put the front drive back in it. 2 wheel drives are fun but 4 wheel drives are much better IMO. Depends on where you're running I guess, actually I take that back. 4 wheel drive is better period I think.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 PM
mopower2ya

upon cleaning it i also noticed that there are 2 servos for steering but only one of them has a turnbuck going to the linkage. is there suppose to one on the other servo too or is that a backup thing?
Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
sb13

Should have 2. Check to see if both servos are the same. I'm wondering if the old owner upgraded to one stronger servo and was too lazy to remove the other old one. If they are the same servos hook the other back up and be sure to set them up correctly so they do not fight one another.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
DaveG55

The failsafe will go between the throttle servo and the reciever. You will want to set it up to apply the brakes if/when it activates.
Both steering servs are connected to the linkage with a stock set-up but, as said, if he tried to go to a single servo set-up he was lazy.
Having reverse is mostly a personal choice. I like having it, others hate it. There will be a slight performance gain with reverse removed.
In r/c's 4 wheel drive is almost always better handling than rear wheel drive alone.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:00 PM
mopower2ya

ok, both servos are the same. they say traxxas 2055 on them. but it apears that the link was taken off on purpose because the screws are still there but the link is gone. also the skid-plate is broken and the screw that goes into the linkage is gone. should i glue the skidplate back together or just get a new one? I Thank everyone for their help in getting me up and running. I was going to buy a new one but this was too good to pass up. got the truck, radio, chargers, and a gallon of fuel for a hundred bucks so even if i have to replace a few parts i should be ok, i can tell this truck had defiantly been abused though!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 PM
sb13

Buy a stock skid plate for now and hook up that other steering servo and hope it's good. If not replace it, you want both of them or a single that has a good amount of torque. Alot of people are using the Hitec 5955 single servo for steering. It's a bit much but thats what they are doing around here and probably what I'll do soon.