Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New to Nitro, new Revo - advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Panzer Werker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Nitro, new Revo - advice.

Allright, I'm new to Nitro trucks and recently took the plunge and ordered a new Revo 3.3. I've read through the online manual and a couple articles on engine break-in from the Traxxas web site and feel I have a pretty good handle on it in general.

Although the info on the Traxxas site is pretty good, what advice do you all have that's not in the book? What fuel brand should I use? What brand to stay away from? Any modifications or safety features I should add right away (re-charge batteries, cut-out switch, etc)?

Thanks for the input.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to Nitro, new Revo - advice.

ORIGINAL: Panzer Werker

Allright, I'm new to Nitro trucks and recently took the plunge and ordered a new Revo 3.3. I've read through the online manual and a couple articles on engine break-in from the Traxxas web site and feel I have a pretty good handle on it in general.

Although the info on the Traxxas site is pretty good, what advice do you all have that's not in the book? What fuel brand should I use? What brand to stay away from? Any modifications or safety features I should add right away (re-charge batteries, cut-out switch, etc)?

Thanks for the input.
Well, for fuel, if u can get it in ur area, I would byron's or byron's gen 2 fuel, if not that one, then try odonells. As for what "options" u should add; it would be a good idea to get a 1100-1600ma receiver pack for the receiver instead of using the standard aa batteries. Also, one thing u might want to get is a failsafe, which when operating properly, will prevent operation if the receiver power supply is too low to get a good enough signal for safe operation. Another thing I would do is to get a fuel filter and place it on the line that goes from the tank to the carb. Putting a fuel filter in will prevent dirt and debris that may be in the fuel tank at any given time from entering the high speed needle and clogging that up, or even worse, it will prevent the dirt, etc. from entering the engine. Thats about it for me for now, hope this helps ya out some and Im sure others will add some more that I am forgetting.....good luck with it once u get it and have fun man!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:10 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

As far as break in make sure you do it as stated by Traxxas. You will be tempted to gas it a little more than they say to but don't, take your time and break it in right.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:22 PM
TMaxxDriver

i agree with Matt on the Byron's or Odonnel's.... personally, i would stay away from the traxxas fuel... (Top Fuel)... they have a new kind, that i hear is not bad...

also, don't be like me, and let it sit, unused, for 2 weeks, without performing after run maintenance... draining the fuel, adding after run oil, etc etc...

after you start getting the feel of things, in the nitro world, you will to do some mods, and when you reach that point, you know where to come for advice on what to mod first ... you will find that this forum is very helpful, and useful...

MOST of all, have FUN doing it!!! [8D]