Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

revo platnum what engine to get ? took forums advise got picco red dot

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo platnum what engine to get ? took forums advise got picco red dot

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
dkastil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo platnum what engine to get ? took forums advise got picco red dot

I wanted to put a .18 tz in my revo but i dont want to change out the crank for a .18 tm i want over 2 hp i like my .18 tz in my losi and it has more powet than a .21 tm what other engines are good in the 200 to 250 range i dont want to have to go with a .21vz-b or .28xz they are great but cost 300 + .
Old 09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
nissan300ztt

Default RE: revo platnum what engine to get ?

Dude i would def suggest the picco .26 maxx i saw a platinum this weekend at my local track with a os .21 vz-b speed tuned the black engine and it was doing 68mph on dirt..So pick your poison I put a .26 picco red dot in mine. and its amazing sick.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
TMaxxDriver

.26 picco red dot all the way... i have a friend that has one in his revo, and all i can say is.... AMAZING... never thought one of these RCs would have so much power, that thing is insane, and NOT painful to the wallet

picco .26 maxx red dot!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
dkastil

i was looking at the picco .26 maxx red dot is this the right one i want the fastest new one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXVDD6&P=FR and i se that it has a pull start i will bump start but i dont mind having a pull start if it fits and do they have one that is not pull start i cant find it . i se the vzb does not have a groove at the end of the pilot shaft like the red dot or the os tm can you make it work with the stock clutch and flywheel or is there a after market one that will work? in the platnum
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
dkastil

Default RE: revo platnum what engine to get ? took forums advise got picco red dot

it sounds like the read dot has to be good over http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250290152919 2.5 hp and 225 with mount and i also got a steel 36 and 34 tooth spur and a 19 tooth rrp clutch bell and mip clutch and mip flywheel I think it will fly with the stepped up gearing i was also thinking about switching to the rrp wide gearing it is close right now .
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
1FastGT

Default RE: revo platnum what engine to get ? took forums advise got picco red dot

Yeah, that place on eBay is where I just ordered mine last night. Anxious for it to get here. My other Revo has an OS 30, so I'm curious to see the power comparison...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Clymer122693

I highly doubt anyone has got a nitro revo up to 68mph,with ANY nitro engine. Good luck getting a 28xz to fit. Many have tryed and failed. The motor mount area just wont handle it and flexes too much and by the time you get the kit and stuff to mount it your well over $380.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
dkastil

a .28 xz will fit with a 20 buck mount and it has 3.5 hp but yah it cost a ton that is why i went with the picco and the 34 tooth spur and 19 tooth clutch bell when i do the math that will get me a over 15 mph over stock i am shure it will rev higher and get a few more mph . so 68 might happen with a .21 vzb speed that revs over 40000.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Clymer122693

It will fit with modding but you wont get the full potential out of it. It was made for a truggy lets leave it there. The Revo does excalent with the picco maxx.

This has been went over before, just because the math says it will doesn't mean it will, ALOT plays into factor.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

.26 picco red dot all the way... i have a friend that has one in his revo, and all i can say is.... AMAZING... never thought one of these RCs would have so much power, that thing is insane, and NOT painful to the wallet

picco .26 maxx red dot!!

I definitely second this picco!! from what I do know and have read about it, it is quite a performer for the money!