Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 3.3 or T Maxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:48 AM
cincicycles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 or T Maxx 3.3

Hello everyone. New to the forum, so please be gentle. I have been out of RC since 1998. My last purchase was an RC 10T, the original. I am looking to get back in and wanted to know your thoughts on the Revo vs the T Maxx. I am leaning towards the Revo, but I will mostly be backyard bashing, so not sure if the T Maxx clearence would be a better fit. I may go race sometimes, but mostly driving aroung the house. Any thoughts of pros and cons verses these two?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Revo 3.3 or T Maxx 3.3

Well, I say go for the revo, now I will admit I am a little "biased" because I have one myself, however, in hearing on this same topic in previous threads, I have to say the revo is probably gonna be the more durable of the 2(per say) than the tmaxx is. Like I said, I have one, and its been able to take all the abuse I have been able to throw at it and still come back for more and still be in tact no less. Its durable as all heck, can take abuse to the point of almost no end and is just overall one tough, durable as nails truck...
Old 09-03-2008, 12:07 PM
cincicycles

Awesome, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Any clearence issues for backyard bashing (grass) vs the dirt of a track? Also, any "highly recommended" upgrades right away?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
nighttalk

i think most of ppl will say go with revo...not tmaxx
well...revo is a better running truck no question about it....due to it's suspension setup...i think handling is better than tmaxx
but the thing is...it doesnt run like a monster truck~!...to me...it's more like a truggy

back about 2 months ago....i was in ur position...think about revo or tmaxx
i own a old tmaxx with .15 engine....and decide to get a new one...but after a few day i decide to go with tmaxx
the most important reason i picked tmaxx is because tmaxx run like monster truck...handle like monster truck...and i think it looks better than revo
i dont do race...i only bashing around my house...
yes...tmaxx has a few weak point...but til now...i dunt have any problem yet(knock on wood)
i drove it pretty hard...my freind said i am crazy...haha.... i only ganna get a metal bulkhead in the future..when it breaks of course...

if i want something handle better i think i will just go with truggy....
i was lucky i had a chance to drive revo b4 i decide which one to get...

just my 2 cent
Old 09-04-2008, 03:16 PM
TMaxxDriver

i would also suggest the revo... its an all around great truck... i recently bought a tmaxx, and kinda wish i woulda bought the revo... (next purchase)
Old 09-04-2008, 04:48 PM
ajb1205

I really like both my Revos so you know what i'm going to suggest. The new style T-Maxx is a nice truck, though. I don't think you'll be disappointed either way you go.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:11 PM
mopower2ya

The ground clearance on the revo will be fine for backyard bashing. its adjustable so you can change your ride height depending on how often you cut your grass.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

I've had the new Tmaxx and Revo and thats a tough choice. When it's all said and done I guess I'd take the Revo over the Tmaxx but the Tmaxx does seem more of a monster truck as mentioned above. You're going to like them both. If you think you'll race someday go with the Revo other than that choose the one you like the looks of the best and enjoy.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
barefooterjr

This is a totally new topic.

I have been looking into getting a snowplow for my Tmaxx, just for fun.

I found one on Froogle for 100 bucks, does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM
matts6887

Froggle?? What the heck is froogle???? Thats a new one on me as I know Ive never heard of anything like that!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 PM
JLRevo

I've never owned a T Maxx or any other R/C than a Revo. But one thing I can tell you is once you get a Revo you will go broke. There's something about it thats cool. The suspension layout, the multiple engine choices, forums like this for help. You really cant go wrong either way( my friend has a T-Maxx 2.5) but when you put the Revo next to most 1/10 scale cars every kid in the house will want a revo. And yes were all kids. Revo are also MT King.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
barefooterjr

Froogle is google's product search.
http://www.google.com/products
I search tmaxx snowplow.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:58 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: barefooterjr

Froogle is google's product search.
http://www.google.com/products
I search tmaxx snowplow.

Oh ok. I gotch ya now. I never heard of it so that was a new one for me...lol....