Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Pipe for Sirio .23

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
SubAlaska

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe for Sirio .23

Hey guys... I'm new to RC and just got a Revo with a Sirio .23 in it. They previous owner had a JR pipe on it but when I took it off to clean up the truck I noticed a large dent in the bottom... so I'm looking to get a new pipe. Any suggestions? I've seen the Trinity and the THS are popular. Just wanted some opinions. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:51 AM
TMaxxDriver

Default RE: Pipe for Sirio .23

what do you mean by 'dent'?? does it affect the way the truck runs?? just curious... you are going to buy a new pipe because it has a dent?? not trying to be critical here... just really curious as to what you mean... do you have a pic or anything that we could see to better explain your reasoning???
Old 09-04-2008, 01:38 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A dent in the pipe is gonna create an excess of back pressure and kill a lot of power. The THS is a great pipe but if you really want to get the most power, I would go with an Ofna JP-3 pipe or a Ofna 086 pipe. They are side pipes so you will need to do some modifying to get them in there but the outcome will be better.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:33 PM
SubAlaska

Does the pipe usually come with everything to move it to the side? I wouldn't have a problem modifying it as long as everything is there.

The dent is on the bottom, is very large, and is starting to rust a small hole in the middle. So that's why I was changing it out. I'm using the stock traxxas pipe on it now. I'd take a pic but my truck is at my shop and I won't be back out there till tomorrow or sat. Maybe I'll get one then.

Thanks for the advice though.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:22 AM
SubAlaska

has anyone ever had any experience with the dual-pipe? looks kinda cool....

http://cgi.ebay.com/RDLogics-TYPE-X-...QQcmdZViewItem