Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Rims For a Revo with 17mm Hex's.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:36 AM
mechakyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims For a Revo with 17mm Hex's.

After haveing a nice hard day of bashing my 17mm hex backed off and jammed on dirt right before it fell off. the result was after some Savage XL Pwning i started to lose... turns out FWD sucks on dirt ( honda civic owners i recoomend you dont rally anytime soon).

So my hex stripped out my rim and got melted plasted in the threads so i gotta dig that out later. Im now looking for some new rims. Something that looks good, works good, and genuinly is good. Now i do alot of bashing and other random stuff and was looking at the axial Bead lock rims. THey look sweet and dont require me screwing the glueing process up. [link]http://www.axialracing.com/details.php?Id=3294[/link] Now im not hsure if thats 40 a rim but as of now this next pay cheque im upgrading the other 3 corners of teh truck to rpm a arms and am looking at stiffer shocks and p3 rockers( as im using p3 push rods on a p2 rocker....fingers crossed that nothing breaks). I know im not planning on doing any serious racing in the future as i am new to the nitro scene but i wouldnt mind calling back that savage owner and whipping him in a drag race on dirt or pavement again.

so it boils down to this. i need rims. bead locks are cool. i probably want new rubber for the tire if the stock rubebr doesnt fit. i also need to buy p3 rockers for front and back and p3 rocker push rods for the back. i also need stiffer springs and to buy rpm a arms for the 3 other corners as the blue set clashes with the other stuff. thats pretty much it. my LHS is revo friendly and always has parts so avalibility isnt an issue. money probably wont be either. so any suggestions would be awsome. also for my wheel nuts is blue threadlock at medium strength ok? my dad says it might be a bit much for em and im tired of having wheels roll down teh street.

thanks.

also sorry for the spelling errors its late and i need sleep =D...... : 0 *yawn*
Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM
ajb1205

Default RE: Rims For a Revo with 17mm Hex's.

I have just installed Pro Line Bandlands on JConcept Rulux HalfUp rims. The Badlands are a MT (3.2) size tire and the rims are actually LPR (3.7) size but they stretch on very nicely. Here's my thread on them rather than typing another page...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7895078/tm.htm

The only thing I don't like about beadlocks is that they are heavy. I have a set of regular MT size Rulux that I could sell you for cheap (since you are close, too, shipping will be nothing). Where do you usually go...Great Hobbies, Hobby Alley, Hobby Wholesale?
Old 09-05-2008, 02:32 PM
mechakyle

Thanks for the tip. Scince im new i didnt know how heavy beadlocks would be. As for my LHS i go to Cloud Climber hobbies, their a new independednt lhs and they do any special orders from tower hobbies. I guess im gonna look at something differnt or similar to your rims but as i dont have a dime to me now i gotta wait till i get paid and as im gonan be spendong a good chunk of money ill have to see what they got for rims there. also my front right tire has a tear in it so im also intrested in the badlands as they look like they prvide plenty of grip =D. I would also like to ask you about your body on your revo. it looks very awsome so would you mind giving me the name of it? thanks for all your help!
Old 09-05-2008, 03:07 PM
ajb1205

Where's that hobby shop located? Haven't heard of that one. I always go to Grear Hobbies....the guys over at Hobby Wholesale are useless IMO.
The body I have on my E-Revo is a Pro Line Photoform Harddrive (for the Revo 3.3 of course). Another body I really like is the Parma X-Citer...that's what I have on my nitro Revo.
You'll like the badlands. They are a great all surface tire.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
mechakyle

My Hobby shop is located in St. Albert cause i live here. I usually just put edmonton at my location so people generally know where i am otherwise i get the big *** wheres that thing alot. Their good ppl at the hobby shop and everyone there has a rc car or truck and becuase there smaller some parts arnt available but in the same sence its good cause you get to know em all. but yea the badlands looks awsome! im kidna bummed my revo isnt working cause it rained and then got sunny so the pavement was damp so i really wanted to try drifting oh also i use XPFUEL thats 20% nitro 11% oil. is this anough oil in the fuel mix?? i saw some people saying 13% was kinda low.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:51 PM
ajb1205

I use Blue Thunder Sport 20%...I think it's oil content is around that 11% or so too and I have never had a problem.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:59 PM
mechakyle

yea i hear alot about blue thunder. im not shure on prices but what ever, im also shure this XPFUEL company is in edmonton so it probably cost less than most fuels. i pay 25 for a gallon of 20%.

Also i made a list of parts im going to buy this paycheque for my revo can you tell me if anything seems like a bad idea? ( it was dont in notepad so sorry for messy ness.

Revo upgrade list.

finish RPM upgrades on a arms.75 ish priority 3

wing mount and wing30 ish-priority 4

stiffer springs and maby heavier shock oil.. gold front springs 6 bucks and black rear 6 bucks-priority 7

rims+tires!! 60 for badlands and jrconcepts rulux 1/2" offset wheels ===== priority one

either p3 rockers and rear steel push rods for the
or front and rear p2 traxxas aluminum push rods. 40 bucks for rockers front and back and alminum push rods front and back priority 6

hump pack. 55 for charger and traxxas pack priority 5

8-10 for alminum 2 for regulkar bucks for rod end on shock priority 2

bucks for body clip saver ...... no priority

total ish 300.30 ish mabeh more