Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

very mad at driveshafts

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:17 PM
t-maxxmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default very mad at driveshafts

i just cant seem to get driveshafts to last more than 10min, why are they breaking?????? i re-built my rear diff about 2 weeks ago and when i did my 3.3 chassis had my backup engine in it ( a 2.5r) my 3.3 is back in the truck and now driveshafts get eaten in minuts is it possable i put wrong geas in diff?
Old 09-05-2008, 06:54 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: very mad at driveshafts

I think your slipper clutch is tightened down too much. That could cause some things to break. Is there any binding when you spin the wheels by hand?
Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 PM
t-maxxmaniac

i loosened slipper untill it wouldnt weelie even when i realy hammer the trottle...., nothing is binding mabe i did get a bad set of shafts, im going to hobby shop tomorow to get more( different store this time) ill ask them what they think....
Old 09-05-2008, 08:45 PM
jdeadman

I had a similar problem during racing when I landed a jump I would be a little to ambitious and get on the throttle a bit too early and even the slipper was ok (a tad to tight) the on power landings destroyed many rear shafts. I'd try the spipper first then get steel or Ti dogbone and cups for the rear. I did it on my 4908 and it is soooo sweet. I have a post here just search for 4908 fix
Old 09-15-2008, 11:52 PM
power454

if you are going to steel cvds I would stay away from MIP. The roll pins that hold the shaft into the trans tend to fly out. Also the first time out with MIPs on my tmaxx I bent/torqued the front shaft so bad that it also bent my trans output shaft. MIP relpaced the front shaft and cups but won't help with my trans output shaft. I've also heard lots of other guys on here complain about them. I would go with the Traxxas aftermarket steel shafts or get the plastic shafts for the 3.3 version of the tmaxx they are supposed to be stronger. Just make sure that everything else in your drivetrain moves smoothly and easily.