Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

Fast Lane Machine 1/8 Bulkhead For T/E Maxx?????

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Fast Lane Machine 1/8 Bulkhead For T/E Maxx?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
coolink13
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Lane Machine 1/8 Bulkhead For T/E Maxx?????

Hey Guys. I have a pair of Lst aftershock Diffs. I was wondering if these would work in the fast lane machine 1/8 bulkheads?? Has anyone tried this??? I know that they advertise 1/8 ofna diffs. I was wondering If my lst diffs will work or anything else for that matter? Thanks
Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 PM
dirtpile

Default RE: Fast Lane Machine 1/8 Bulkhead For T/E Maxx?????

Not likely. Those bulkheads are designed to work with 1/8 BUGGY diffs. Most commonly Kyosho 7.5 or Ofna Hyper.
Now if the Aftershock shared the same diff as the Muggy or 8ight then is possible but they might not fit.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:39 PM
coolink13

OK Thanks, I may just get them and see what I have To see if it fits. I have extra LST and Savage diffs. If not I will just purchase what I need. I think the buggy diffs have a lower gear ratio. I would think I would lose some top speed. Should I go with a lower spur and pinion? Or do I have that backwards?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:54 PM
rcdudegermy10

Why not just go with the T-Maxx diff case bulk combo?

T-Maxx diffs and gears will be around wayyyy longer than the kyosho ones, or any 1/8 buggy for that matter, simply because 1/8 buggies change every year and so do their diffs

Also Traxxas T-maxx parts have a wider availability, you can get them just about anywhere you go, unlike 1/8 which you'd generally have to order from the internet
Old 12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
coolink13

RCDUDE That is a good point. I did find some ofna diffs for a good price on ebay, I have a chance to get the 1/8 bulkheads for 75.00. What would you do?? Thanks for resonse.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:44 PM
rcdudegermy10

See, I went ahead and bought the T-maxx bulk and diff case combo off of stormer hobbies for $60, it incuded just the front but when I get more money I'll buy the rears too, so it'd be $120 total.

If you could get the front and rears for $75 then I'd go for it, otherwise I'd stick with the combos. It just doesnt make sense to have to search around for diff gears to a car thats discontinued, pretty soon it'll be impossible to find diff gears for the mp7.5, and hat'll leave you with a useless diff case.

1/8 diffs really aren't that much stronger either. My Maxx has gone through about 7 gallons and I've yet to replace them, never had a problem with the stockers.

I'd go with the combos, easier, better parts availiabilty, etc
Old 12-22-2008, 03:55 PM
rcdudegermy10

I mean they've already came out with the hyper 9 and the mp9, the 7.5s are old news and I wouldnt want to take a chance on the newer versions not working...point in case, the most reliable, long lasting etc diffs are going to be the Maxx ones
Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
coolink13

Thanks RCDUDE. With the tmaxx gears I can keep my same spur and pinion set up. So the 75.00 for the 1/8 hybrid bulkheads is not worh it in the long run?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:04 PM
rcdudegermy10

While it may be cool to say that you have 1/8 buggy gears, to me, it really isnt worth it.

The combos are just as good, you wont have to worry about gear ratios, running out of parts, fitment issues or anything else, it's just more practical to go with the T-maxx combos