Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

so im an fn-idiot

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:39 AM
clshades

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so im an fn-idiot

Righto... well I screwed up good today i reckon.... sigh. I've been having issues with idle / richness settings. So in my efforts to sort it out i've managed to strip the ****in rich/lean threads... any ideas? ) i was actually trying to reset to factory defaults I doubt i can replace the carb at the local hobby shop so I'm wondering what my options are other than ordering in a new carb? If i have to order a new carb I will which is no big deal really other than i wanna break a shock instead Yes i suck bad doing this but alas... such is learning. I'm like the guinea pig of a lot of my friends.... they've seen this lil machine and love it. Ne way... if i have to purchase a new motor wutever i will... if i can figure a way around it even better. I dunno if they make helicoils this small... all i know is they work.

Tell ya what tho... i was gonna buy the 1/5th HPI baja... pretty happy i didn't now... these things are ****in fast!

thanks again fellas

-Deano
Old 09-06-2008, 11:45 AM
clshades

Default RE: so im an fn-idiot

welp... looks like a new carb. And i'm in luck fortunately another hobby shop in town actually has ONE. hah. DAMN!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
dkastil

you have to be easy when you tighten the hsnand lsn dont forget it only has to stop and toutch not get tight when it stops you are there ,then back out to the settings you want .
Old 09-06-2008, 01:48 PM
TMaxxDriver

whatever works to get a new engine.. haha... i am trying to break my 2.5r on my tmaxx, so that i can trade it in for the 3.3 or spend a little more and get the Picco .26 Max Red Dot... haha... i have a hunger for power i guess you could say...

i am also like you in a way, i am the only one of my friends that owns a nitro, and everyone comes over just to watch me run it.. its hours of entertainment sometimes, and im trying to encourage some of my buddies to get one, so that i can have people to run with!! as i dont know anyone that owns nitro in my area!! []
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM
clshades

yay fixed! One notch on the belt for small engine repair. The guy at this other hobby shop is HEAPS more helpful than the place i bought the truck at. He's given me all the stuff i need to replace the alkaline bats for the servo / receivers too. It was alot cheaper than I imagined. 13 bux. And shes running great. I noticed too that the low end adjustment was not flush so i think that's where my problem was. WOOT!
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM
clshades

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

whatever works to get a new engine.. haha... i am trying to break my 2.5r on my tmaxx, so that i can trade it in for the 3.3 or spend a little more and get the Picco .26 Max Red Dot... haha... i have a hunger for power i guess you could say...

i am also like you in a way, i am the only one of my friends that owns a nitro, and everyone comes over just to watch me run it.. its hours of entertainment sometimes, and im trying to encourage some of my buddies to get one, so that i can have people to run with!! as i dont know anyone that owns nitro in my area!! []

You guys and your red dots dammit.... your making me wanna buy one ffs!
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
TMaxxDriver

hey its all fun and games until someone loses an eye!!

glad you got it fixed, and back up and runnin'!!! glad to hear that you have a good LHS to go to!!

RED Dots are going to rule the world i tell ya, watch out!! Im thinkin about buyin one SOON, and saving my 2.5r for a spare...
Old 09-06-2008, 09:56 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: clshades

yay fixed! One notch on the belt for small engine repair. The guy at this other hobby shop is HEAPS more helpful than the place i bought the truck at. He's given me all the stuff i need to replace the alkaline bats for the servo / receivers too. It was alot cheaper than I imagined. 13 bux. And shes running great. I noticed too that the low end adjustment was not flush so i think that's where my problem was. WOOT!
Glad to hear ya got it fixed man!!! now get back out there and burn some nitro baby!!! [8D]