Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

help with t-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
smoke157

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with t-maxx

I bought an old t-maxx with the 1.5 from a friend for 50 bucks. i also have a revo 3.3. i want to put the 3.3 from the revo in the maxx and get a better engine for the revo. will this work in this old maxx and what extra parts would i need? any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help with t-maxx

Right off hand all I think you would need a new transmission, new gears in the front and rear gear boxes, a throttle post, stiffer suspension, different center drives, and there are probably a few other things. If I can think of anything else I will let you know. Hope this helps
Old 09-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Montana Mike

Sorry I forgot to tell you that it will work but it wil also be a lot of work and a bit of money
Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
smoke157

well maybe i should i just keep it the way it is and bash the hell out of it. the only nitro truck i've ever driven is the revo. will i be disappointed with the way this t-maxx performs?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Montana Mike

I have an original T- Maxx with the Pro .15 as well. It has been hopped up a little and it is nice on fairly level surfaces. But does not have alot of power. It will be a huge difference from your 3.3 though. The .15 would be a great starter for anyone including woman and children. In fact I have thought about trying to get another .15 for my wife. She is starting to show some interest in the hobby, and I cannot part with my first truck. If I was you I would not change it. By the time you dump the money and time in it to change it over to a 3.3 you could by yourself a whole new truck. Time is money and money is time my friend
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 PM
ridikt

your original stuff will work, but will eventually break with the 3.3. you will have to get the upgrade kit for the engine and have to drill some holes for the new carb linkage. the .15 drive train isnt as strong so it will break, then just upgrade the the center drive shafts. then when you go to upgrade the shafts going to the wheels you will have to get the 3.3 control arms knuckles and turnbuckles.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:10 PM
smoke157

thanks for your help. i think i will just leave it alone.