Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo: 2.5 vs 3.3 vs Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
cincicycles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo: 2.5 vs 3.3 vs Platinum

What are the differences besides the engine between these 3 versions of the Revo? Anyone know of a list that compares the different models listing similarities and differeces?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Clymer122693

Default RE: Revo: 2.5 vs 3.3 vs Platinum

The Platinum is for the Racer. Its a race spec truck.

The 3.3 and 2.5R are just your average bashing/racing RTR.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:32 PM
TMaxxDriver

Platinum=high dollar, needs extra things to get running, bump start, etc.

3.3/2.5=cheaper, RTR, easier to hop up a 3.3 than to get the Platinum, IMO
Old 09-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Clymer122693

The 3.3 will end up costing more to hop up then it would to buy a platinum.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 PM
TMaxxDriver

understandable... i was just hypothetically speaking... i was wanting the platinum for awhile, but did a little research, and figured that i would probably rather get the 3.3 and do whatever mods to it, to my liking, to be more durable, and even fast...

in reality, is there a HUGE difference in how the platinum comes, and what the 3.3 could become??? not sure what im tryin to say/mean.... does that make sense at all??
like doing the mods to the 3.3 to make it comparable to the platinum, and then even better.....? there are only a few things that are different on the platinum.... someone can correct me if i am wrong here... maybe someone with a platinum and a 3.3 that can give any insight..... and try to help me out here!! (im done diggin myself deeper!! haha)
Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Clymer122693

My Revo's specs are pretty close to the platinum other then the pushrods,toe links (had them before but had issues with breaking them rather easily) and sway bars and the varible dampening pistons in the shocks. I have both on order at my lhs. My revo compared to my buddies stock 3.3 is a huge gap! Mine handles much better and is more reliable. I've put weak points into my truck so if something were to fail I know what it is and can have spares for that part. It's hard to put it into words. You pretty much have to drive both and you will know what I mean.

My truck is a basher (used to be a racer) and is great at it but so is the regular revo 3.3 (new and old model) aswell as the 2.5r. If your just bashing I would go with the newest 3.3 model and then upgrade as it breaks. Aslong as it has REVO on it you will be happy .