Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

crankshaft induction ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 PM
nordstuff
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crankshaft induction ????

Hey guys,Iam thinking of modding my trx 3.3,Ive dine some minor flow mods before,on the face of the crank and some fangs on the ports of the sleeve.I was reading that I should open up the mouth of my crank a little,does this alter the timming?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: crankshaft induction ????

If you open up the mouth to the left and right, it absolutely will increase that duration. I wrote a thread concerning crankshaft induction timing profiles a few years back, hopefully it I wrote it in terms easy enough for you to calculate easily. Give it a look over and hopefully it will help you understand how to measure induction timing profiles.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#5995115
Old 09-10-2008, 09:10 PM
nordstuff

thanks so much man,I appreciate the response.Iam so horrible at math its sad.I guess I should leave the induction port of my crank alone for the time being,unless you have any suggestion?
Can I do anything to it that will not effect timming?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 PM
SAVAGEJIM

If anything, without touching the induction port timing, is to put putty into the crankshaft hole and shaping it to help fluid flow from the cab to the crank case block. Alsi, if the TRX3.3 does not already have turbo scallops cut into the crank counterweight, those will help mix the fuel with air and also help in fluid flow from the back of the crankshaft into the block itself.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:30 PM
nordstuff

Thank you so very much for the info.The trx does not come with turbo scallops,so I had planned on adding them.I was also planning on stuffing the crank with three bond 1211 free flowing silicone,as well as adding some flow fangs on the sleeve ports leaving the exhaust port alone.As far as the turbo scallops on the crank face I was gonna add a larger one at 6'oclock and balance it with a samller one at 2 oclock.I have heard pros and cons of mirrior polishes on the entire crank face,should I do it all,or just the turbo scallops,crank throat and induction area?Like I said...........Thank you very much for your help,,I heard you were the modding guru and Iam glad I have your experience and advise.Much appereciation and respect.