Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Do I Excpect Too Much ? PT 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:06 AM
kraddon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Excpect Too Much ? PT 2

Hello all I have some results to post and more questions! First of all the overheating problem is fixed woohoo !The thermo fans Integy Twin Motor Cooling Fan + Heatsink Blue 540/550 and cutting out the front windscreen (thanks dirtpile) with 15/68 gearing did the trick!. Temps are around 40-50c.

Ok next problem I am only getting aprox 5min more run time from my maxamp 8000mah lipos than what I do with my firefox 3700mah lipos What the? I am using a swallow ac/dc charger that charges at 5amp max could this have anything to do with the difference?

Firefox lipos running on the road with 15/68 fan wired to side of the esc that lights up the led (technical eh?) only gives me 14min run time .
I tried gearing down to 12/68 fan on again and got 17min run time .I NEED MORE RUN TIME

With the maxamps and the 12/68 gearing on the grass at the local oval I got 12.52 min run time? Each of these runs have finished with the esc lo voltage cutoff activating.
There is a reading that comes up in brackets on the charger that I dont understand right before the 8.400v for the fire fox lipos it is sometimes (03263) or (03422) it varies on how hard the batteries were used I think and the maxamps are reading (04154) or (04297) when new the maxamps read (05500)

If you havent read my last post I have a 3905 e-maxx rpm arms front and back with a novak 4.5 hv pro system with proline rims with
crime fighter 5.65x2.68 rubber! very thin compared to standard!!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:21 AM
ChaosEngine

Default RE: Do I Excpect Too Much ? PT 2

ORIGINAL: sum*****

I NEED MORE RUN TIME

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Well.. If you need more run time, sounds like you need a nitro

Also, another suggestion would be to post your electrical problems in the right forum

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_147/tt.htm [8D]
Old 09-10-2008, 02:57 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Do I Excpect Too Much ? PT 2

There's nothing wrong with his posting here. It is a Traxxas Monster truck afterall and there's nothing specific about nitro or electric in the fourm title. I do agree that the electric off road section will probably have more experienced people to answer his specific questions but, again, he is not wrong to post here.

sum*****,
How long are the batterys charging for at that 5A rate? I'd guess that at full discharge the 8000mah ones should take about 1 1/2 hours. Also, you don't need a low voltage cut-off for the nimh's, only the lipos. That could be costing you some runtime unless you chang the setting from the lipo one. Also, you don't say the capacity of the lipo you're using so it's hard to tell if that runtime is good, bad or indifferent.