Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

ive got a rustler and i need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:44 PM
adam313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive got a rustler and i need help

i want my car to have more acceleration so i tried to put the 72 tooth gear that it came with but the 2 gears are so tite together it will barely move please help
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM
1FastGT

Default RE: ive got a rustler and i need help

You probably just need to change the size of your clutch bell to something smaller.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:05 PM
adam313

thanks but where can i get 1
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 PM
1FastGT

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBJA8&P=7

I'm pretty sure that should work for your Rustler...I dunno much about Rustlers, but that should work. You may want to see what size clutch bell you're running now.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:39 AM
dirtpile

Did you re-adjust the gear lash?

If not, loosen the four engine mount bolts that hold the upper and lower engine mounts together. They should be silver 3mm socket head bolts. (2.5mm hex wrench required) There are two in front of and two behind the engine about a half inch away from it and about three quarter inch apart (DO NOT loosen the identical bolts that hold the engine to the upper mount. Those are the ones right up against the engine and closer together.) and they go through a slotted hole into the lower mount. Loosen those and slide the engine forward a bit. Then get a strip of paper and put it between the clutchbell and spur gear. Now push the engine back toward the rear until the gears mesh with the paper trapped in between. Now tighten the mounting bolts. Pull the paper out and make sure there is a small amount of play between the gears.
If the paper won't pull out or comes out with almost no resistance try again then recheck.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:33 AM
adam313

ill try that thanks
Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM
adam313

i started doing that and i had the rear bolts losened but i couldnt find the front bolts i was wondering if it was because the ez start was in the way and wont u hav to change the throtle because when u push the engine it is pushing the throttle lever forward too