Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo forward driving problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 PM
kvnnina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo forward driving problems

I got a revo 2.5 about 4 Years. Havent really driven it that much. Last year banged it up pretty bad in a high speed crash. I fixed all the parts that were noticable. Just try to take it for a spin in the rain since the crash. It didnt seem to go forward good at all put in reverse and drove fine. Im just wondering what most likelly the problem is (tranny, gears, ect.) if anyone can help.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
t-maxxmaniac

Default RE: Revo forward driving problems

ur forward gear in ur tranny is probly toast... ur lhs should have it http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...vo33_views.htm should be no prblem with this, just take tranny apart and see wats striped
Old 09-14-2008, 11:34 AM
kvnnina

I just took apart the trans all gears seemed fine. I put back together and took it for a spin and notice it wont go forwrd or reverse. It seems that it has no torqe. Im wondering if it might be something with the drive train. Thanks for your help
Old 09-14-2008, 12:42 PM
power454

i'm in the same boat as you are in but I have a T Maxx 3.3. It's definitely in the trans somewhere but I have been unable to find the problem. I'm thinking it's the forward gear as well but if you are going to replace the forward gear you might as well replace the reverse gear while you are in there. When I find out exactly what the problem is I will let you know.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:47 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: t-maxxmaniac

ur forward gear in ur tranny is probly toast... ur lhs should have it http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...vo33_views.htm should be no prblem with this, just take tranny apart and see wats striped
I'm with maxxmaniac on this one. Sounds like the forward primary gear took a dump! Sounds like its time for a new one; but like he also said, its probably a good idea to open it up and take a look to make sure nothing else went "south" either....
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
power454

I took my tranny apart and found nothing worn or broken which makes my problem even more of a headache. Everything seems to move freely and is in good shape.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:36 PM
kvnnina

Thats exactlly the same situation. When I opened it up the gears still looked new and moved smoothly. My truck will drive on hard ground but on grass it cant move.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 PM
t-maxxmaniac

as for the *i can drive on hard ground but not grass* tighten ur slipper clutch.....
Old 09-14-2008, 03:50 PM
kvnnina

Sorry to be a dummy when it comes to this truck but not sure what that even is.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:29 PM
kvnnina

Thanks t-maxxmaniac You fixed my problem it was the slipper clutch. These trucks nowadays have come a long way. Thinks again from a now happy revo owner now if I could just get that engine from stop over heating I might enjoy it more than my boats.